ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

wont low idel right. too much feul

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Question wont low idel right. too much feul

sup guys.. i just got me a 94 civic. it has a d16z6 vtec. money has been put into it but not sure what all has been done to it. seems like the throttle gets stuck and steys stuck at 3 rpms. ill pull the pedal back and the rpms will fall,so i try to adjust the throttle i cant seem to get it right it will die at a low rev. it will idle at 1 half rpms for like a few sec just fine then if will spit and sputter then die. but when i keep it past 2 to 3 rpm its fine and it runs great, i took it to my mechanic and he said its dumping too much fuel and its flooding it out at low rev. and also he said to upgrade the throttle body to suck in more air to help burn the fuel.he said it has a race cam and race fuel rail with upgraded injectors and the person i bought it from said he did a head swap 600 mile ago. but the distributer and throttle body is stock. dose this make since?? i was thinking of eather going stock with the rail and injectors or buys a skunk2 intake manifold and a blox throttle body and throw msd for harder spark. my mpg is kinda bad. but this hauls ***. i know alittle about cars but muscle cars .im the noob to the import world can someone help? thanks

Old 06-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Sounds like a bunch of different problems.

Is the CEL ON?

Is the ignition timing set to spec?

For the sticky throttle, try cleaning the throttle body and adjusting or replacing the throttle cable.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:12 PM

ya the cel is on. the guy i got it from said it has sumthin to do with the airbag. and i dont know about the ignition timing

Old 06-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Click the CEL link in my signature to learn how to pull CEL codes from the ECU.

You need a timing gun to check the ignition timing. This procedure is done with the service connector is jumped, just like when pulling CEL codes.