ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

Turbo Civic Weird Stalling Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Recognized HCF Member

It should not be threaded. Intact PCV valves are shown below. The black end is what you are trying to extract. This black end inserts into a rubber grommet.

Name:  y795971658mle.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  9.2 KB

Old 03-09-2009, 10:09 PM
HCF Member

I cant get it out. I'm very worried I cant drive it like this ill try prying it out some more...

Old 03-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by bcrichguitars
I cant get it out. I'm very worried I cant drive it like this ill try prying it out some more...
Did your broken PCV valve look like those in the picture?

Old 03-09-2009, 10:16 PM
HCF Member

yes the black part is stuck in
i cant even get the square rubber piece around it out
ive tried needle nose, prying with a flathead
and a hook that just bent and didnt help

Old 03-09-2009, 10:33 PM
HCF Member

The rubber piece and the rest of the pcv fell into the hole. I tried pulling it out eith needle nose and now i cant even hardly see it and deffinetely cannot get pliers on it. Now I have no car to drive and I have no money to tow it to a mechanic or even money to pay a mechanic. What do I have to do now? How can I get it out? I cant believe this happened stuff like this makes me never want to work on my car again im so stressed out over this

Last edited by bcrichguitars; 03-09-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Recognized HCF Member

The rubber piece and the rest of the pcv fell into the hole. I tried pulling it out eith needle nose and now i cant even hardly see it and deffinetely cannot get pliers on it. Now I have no car to drive and I have no money to tow it to a mechanic or even money to pay a mechanic. What do I have to do now?
I hate working on my car now, I used to enjoy it but lately I hate it.
You are just tired. Everything is fine. Get some sleep. I don't think you need to even worry about the broken part of the PCV valve that has fallen into the oil breather chamber. Just buy and install a new rubber grommet and PCV valve, hook up the hose, and you should be good to go.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:54 PM
HCF Member

But it was a huge piece. The black piece in the middle picture I posted all fell into the hole. I read that it can find its way to the valve springs and also mess other **** up. I really need to get it out, I wont do it tonight but what do I need to do?
This engine only has just over 3000k on it, im not going to let a piece of rubber and hard plastic go through my engine.
Can I get it out by removing the valve cover? Does the whole Intake manifold need to come out?

Old 03-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Recognized HCF Member

But it was a huge piece. The black piece in the middle picture I posted all fell into the hole. I read that it can find its way to the valve springs and also mess other **** up. I really need to get it out, I wont do it tonight but what do I need to do?
This engine only has just over 3000k on it, im not going to let a piece of rubber and hard plastic go through my engine.
Can I get it out by removing the valve cover? Does the whole Intake manifold need to come out?
The fact that the piece was large may prevent it from moving out of the oil breather chamber into the crankcase. Nonetheless, I understand your concern. You'll need to remove the breather chamber to extract the broken piece. See diagram below. It's probably accessed from below like when you replace the oil filter. Removal of the oil filter may help.

Name:  picture_2132.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  191.1 KB

Old 03-09-2009, 11:11 PM
HCF Member

Thank you so much for your help I'll do it first thing tomorrow after school. So the hole where the pcv valve is on the intake manifold goes directly to the oil breather chamber?

Old 03-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Recognized HCF Member

...So the hole where the pcv valve is on the intake manifold goes directly to the oil breather chamber?
Middle picture: The hole where the PCV valve inserts is in the breather chamber.

Top picture: The other end of the hose attached to the PCV valve connects to the nozzle on the intake manifold.

Quick Reply: Turbo Civic Weird Stalling Problem