ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

Piggy back mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 12:32 AM
Default Piggy back mod

i was looking around on ebay and there is a lot of listing for some kind of piggy back module, their anywhere from 10 to 30 dollars and all look like the same thing. its suppoes to plug into a socket under the hood, and thats it, does this stuff actually work and is it safe for me to do by myself?

Old 12-05-2004, 12:40 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Piggy back mod

no, its generally percieved to be a scam. save up and get a real piggyback. go for a power fc or an apexi vafc (or safc if youre non-vtec)

Old 12-05-2004, 12:46 AM

how much is instillation for one of those, im finding the unit itself on ebay for around 75-100 dollars with cut off wires. yes theres a possibility of them being stollen, but all i care about is if it will work and how much instillation is

Old 12-06-2004, 07:39 PM

it will work. and instilation may be anywhere from about 80 to 150, but dont get your hopes up. if you have a swap, have them put it in, if not, take it to a shop that works on a lot of honda's and is familiar with the wiring diagram.

Old 12-06-2004, 08:07 PM
HCF Member

yes theres a possibility of them being stollen, but all i care about is if it will work and how much instillation is
well, you just lost any respect i may have had for you.

Old 12-07-2004, 12:16 PM

if its already stolen. theres nothing i can do about it. just because i dont buy the part doesnt mean that the part will be returned to its owner. so why should i pass up a good deal, if all thats gonna happen if i dont take is itll be sold to someone else? yea i dont like stolen products made realisticaly, you cant stop it and one person not buying isnt gonna effect anything

Old 12-08-2004, 11:25 PM
Cat Fuсker

if its already stolen. theres nothing i can do about it. just because i dont buy the part doesnt mean that the part will be returned to its owner. so why should i pass up a good deal
By purchasing stolen parts you promote theft. The more stolen stuff people buy, the more thieves will get out there. If the market gets tight(people boycot stolen s**t) than there will be less thefts(think about ur car bro, what if the guy than steals it from you and sells it to soemone else...nice possibility, huh?)

Old 12-08-2004, 11:46 PM
HCF Member

yeah, if tomorrow everyone decided they wouldnt buy anything that was stolen, do you think car theft would stay at the same rate it is now? no way. as long as there is a market for stolen parts, our cars will continue to get stolen.

Old 12-11-2004, 01:23 AM

yes, it would be nice if theft all of a sudden stopped. what im saying is, look at things realistically. Can I personally stop it, Can you stop it?? can both of us together stop it, can every person in this forum? No. The truth is, we cant stop theft, and its too hard to tell if something was stolen or not, i was only considering that that part had been stolen. i have no idea. but the thing is, if i dont take it someone else surely will, and thatll be just as good as me taking it

Old 12-11-2004, 02:48 AM
HCF Member

its an auction. the more money he makes off a stolen product, the more likely he is to do it again. if you bid on it, it will give him more money. try to reason it out, its still wrong. its also technically illegal.

Quick Reply: Piggy back mod