ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

map sensor help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 08:49 PM
HCF Member
Default map sensor help please

ok guys i am new to the honda camp and i am in the middle of boosting a d15b7 in a 93 dx coupe and my question is , what map sensor do i use for boost , i know in my celica i was able to put in a few check valves so the map would not read boost and that worked for around 14psi but i then went with a 3 bar map sensor to run more and i did not have to use the check valve trick , but the honda map i have is on the throttle body so i dont think the check valves will work as there is no vaccum lines . i dont plan on running alot of boost (8-10psi) as this is my wifes car and she just wants it to keep up a little better on the streets, the kit i put together so far has ( a t3 48 trim turbo, fmic,a 12:1 fmu, type s bov, 38mm tail wastegate at 8psi spring, 2 1/2 ic pipes & down pipe , 2 1/2 exhaust with high flow cat and a dtm otto racing muffler, ss tube manifold) , and i will be installing a apexi safcII when i get it out of my celica. we dont plan on big numbers (170-190hp) as i dont want to hurt the motor to much , the fuel pump was upgraded to a walbros 255 that i had left over from my celica. so if you guys could help me out this would be great . thannks mugen93

Old 12-31-2006, 08:50 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: map sensor help please

ok after a little research i was able to answer my own question , ( the missing link unit) sorry for the rookie question, and if any one has any help with the kit i am putting together please let me know thanks again

Old 12-31-2006, 02:58 PM
Recognized HCF Member

or you could just supercharge it and be safe with like 5 psi

Old 12-31-2006, 03:14 PM
HCF Member

yeah i could but i all ready have the turbo from my stage one set up of my celica along with the ic pipe and fmu , bov, and intercooler

Old 01-01-2007, 06:04 AM
HCF Member

If you get a tuned ecu you won't have to worry with stop-gaps like a missing link. I don't think you are gonna be happy with that fmu.

ps- I would say 170-190hp on a b7 is pretty optimistic, and you definitely dont' want to go more than 8 psi on a stock motor. Probably more like 6-7 on a fmu.

Old 01-01-2007, 12:43 PM
HCF Member

yeah i know the fmu is not the best but once i get my emanage tuned in my celica i will put my safcII in and run a set or rc injectors i picked up from a buddy , i think they are around 340cc i think so i will toss the fmu , at start i will only run around 3-5psi as the wastegate spring i have in is for 3.8psi , as far as hp i really dont care what i get just as long as it is better than stock because this ride is very slow

Old 01-11-2007, 07:42 AM
HCF Member

ok i would like to know what is the weak points of the d15b7 motor so i have a idea what to look for down the road , and upgrade , i dont want to swap i know it would be more power but i like to be differant, and i have 3 d15b7 motors around so i would like to put them to use

Old 01-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Stinky Administrator

i would get a good head gasket and arp head bolts

Old 01-13-2007, 06:11 PM
HCF Member

ok i have came across a good deal on forged pistons for the d15 ,now my question is where do i finr con rods for it or do i have to worry about it some say the stock rods can take 200+ hp but i dont know they seem very small, i also will be having the head p&p , i know someone at a performance shop that said he would do it to help me out ,what a bud, now i dont want to run a 10 sec car but i am shooting for a very reliable build so any help would be great

Old 01-16-2007, 11:36 PM
HCF Member

on my d16z6 i had the fmu missinglink set up any thing more than 6psi my car would lean out even at like 4.5 to 5 psi on the highway if i would drop a gear and try to go i would lean out for about 2 seconds or so then the car would take off back to normal other wise i could floor it from a dead stop threw all gears with no problem but if i was to drop a gear i would have problems. only thing i did not like about my kit was if i was doing a fifth gear put the egt's would rise extreamly fast.

Quick Reply: map sensor help please