ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

Jumper Harness for Automatic

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
yea but that would kinda make it inconvenient. but it's your choice of course.

the other reason i wired it directly to the dome light, is so if i drop something on the floor i can turn on the dome light like normal and the floor lights will come on with it.
if you only hook it up to the door switch it will only come on when the door is open.

to wire it to the dome light without a pain, you could ask around and find out where the dome light wires run in the car, so you could just splice into those wires in a more convenient location. although, if you splice into the wires, the floor lights won't come on when you flip the dome light switch, only when the door is open.

the only way to make them function exactly like the dome light switch is to wire them directly to the dome light's bulb contacts, or to install a 3-position switch somewhere and wire them to both a regular ground and the door switch ground, and also the constant 12v source.

cool bro thanks alot, i will definitely be doing some research on the whole dome wiring thing but if you happen to come across it before i do,let me know!!i drive a 2000 civic ex so yeah thanks again for everything bro