ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

How do i reflash my ECU

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 10:55 PM
Default How do i reflash my ECU

Whats up guys, i recently posted a comment on a few mods i was gonna make to my d16y7 engine. I was going to install a skunk2 intake manifold and throttle body. Well i did, and its worked out nicely except for one little problem i have to deal with.. My mechanic explained to me the situation so let me try and do the same here to see if i can get some help. My original throttle body sent the air signal to the ECU with three wires. I changed the throttle body so now the new one only sends it with two wires. You guys who understand probably know what im talking about. So the only way out of the check engine light was to swap the ECU to one that receives the signal with only two wires. Till then, great!! problem solved!! but the new ECU is vtec and my car isn't. So now the only way out of that is to either put back the old ecu and throttle body or reflash the new ECU and try to get the vtec out. The car is running just perfect with no problems at all but the new ecu is expecting a vtec signal from the solenoid and is not getting it so the chech engine light is now lit up. [:@][:@]
So my questions to you guys is. Where can i reflash the ecu? Or is there another way arround it besides putting the old stuff in?

Old 11-28-2005, 11:05 PM
Default RE: How do i reflash my ECU

Swap the Y8 head on and get some VTEC!!!

Old 11-28-2005, 11:11 PM

oh by the way the error code was
1259 .. "Vtec system malfunction"

Old 11-29-2005, 01:14 AM
HCF Member

nah you would have to actually "DE-CHIP" the ecu, removing the vtec components from it.

Old 11-29-2005, 08:49 AM

Do a mini-me swap.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:35 AM

nah you would have to actually "DE-CHIP" the ecu, removing the vtec components from it.
[/quote]

thats actually what i need to do but how exactly do i do that ?? or where would i take it ??
Any reference?
Thanks

Old 11-29-2005, 11:06 AM
HCF Member

Eh thats a waste. Personally id put the old ECU back in and just get a Y fitting, and splice the air line into 2 lines.

Old 11-29-2005, 10:23 PM
Recognized HCF Member

just find the original ecu and install it and the code should go away

Old 12-20-2005, 12:57 AM

I don't think you'll get anywhere unless you get that y8 head with higher compression and v-tec. I have a 96 hatch with a d7 and that thing is so slow it's not worth bolting on a intake manifold. Especially if you don't have an exhaust manifold, echaust and/or engine bore and stroke. With the money you spent on that manifold you could have gotton that head, plus you already have the ecu.

Old 12-20-2005, 01:36 AM
HCF Member

what you are talking about is the "IACV" or intake air control valve. What I would do is being you are running the larger intake manifold and larger throttle body I would go to OBD1(92-94) Integra LS ecu also known as a PR4 or you could even go with a obd1 p28 and have it chipped with uberdata as uberdata has a feature to let you make the ecu not have vtec

Quick Reply: How do i reflash my ECU