ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

greddy e-manage

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 01:48 AM
HCF Member
Default greddy e-manage

ok i understand when boosting on way of fuel management is chipping the ecu if ur obd1 by using a sofware to chip it to the proper air/fuel ratios, how does greddy e-manage work compared to chipping the ecu?

Old 03-26-2007, 07:50 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: greddy e-manage

E-manage is crap, skip it all together, convert to obd1, get chipped and tuned, and never look back

Old 03-26-2007, 09:45 AM
HCF Member

^ +1 for what Forty said

the only piggy-back system i've heard any good things about is the AEM EMS, and thats running $1000+ (i believe). Convert to OBD1; all you need is a conversion harness and the new ECU with a basemap (if your driving to the tuner), then get the chipped and you'll be set.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:11 AM
HCF Member

+2

I just went through the whole e-Manage ordeal. There is exactly 0 support for it. I finally figured out how to hook it up and was still left with 47 questions about how to tune it, change parameters, set it up for my car,etc... and thereis no one to answer those.

If you drive a Honda, e-Manageis an incredible waste of money (and my wiring harness)as far as I amconcerned. In theory it's a powerful tool when you put all of the add-ons together, but let theDSM and Nissan guys deal with it and just get your ecu chipped.

Put it this way...

obd1 chippedecu ~ $100
dyno tune(my local) $300
total = ~$400 bucks.
and only $85 for a retune if you install any new parts or change something up.

The emanage will cost youright at $600 by the time you get the ignition harness and support tool and all that jazz.Even if you install it yourself and have a laptop already, and a wideband to monitor your changes,and figure out how to utilize every tool- you are still down 200 bucks and who knows how many Hp to a dyno tune.

I wish someone would have posted this before I wasted my money on it. Of course I sold it and made a profit, but that's not the point.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:18 AM
HCF Member

plug n play > wiring into stock ECU (IMO)

Old 03-26-2007, 12:20 PM
HCF Member

i already have a obd1 so i wont need the conversion harness, i was jus curious cause a reputable tuner shop near me said theyll get me a brand new greddy kit with intercooler kit and install it with the greddy e-manage for $3500, then i told the guy i heard bad about greddy e-manage then he said he has it on his car for over a year now with no problems, i dunno if a prosfessional tuner can do it should i still forget it and get my ecu chipped?? also is hondata a good program for the tuners to use to chip my ecu?

Old 03-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

I've heard nothing but good things about Hondata. And yes, you should really go the chipped ecu route.

Are you looking to buy a turbo kit? Could save yourself a lot of money, and have a faster, more reliable rig if you peice it together yourself.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:36 PM
HCF Member

Man, $3500 is a lot of money for a piggy-back tuned turbo kit. Hondata is awesome, but expensive- but if you are spending that kind of money you should have the budget for it. s300 is $600 and your tuner should charge ~ $300 for the Hondata tune, so that leaves you $2600 for your turbo kit; which should be plenty.

Piggy-backs are more for people who want to save money and do it themselves. If you are going to get it professinally done, go with a stand-alone or find another tuner that can tune Crome, Uber, or Neptune and save yourself the cost of the Hondata unit.

Old 03-26-2007, 01:05 PM
HCF Member

$3500 for a turbo kit is quite a bit of money, honestly you should piece together your own kit and then get your OBD1 tuned, skip the whole Emanage altogether. Get quality components and then one hell of a tune (if you really have that much to spend). Also consider a mild engine build, which will in turn allow you to run more boost.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:48 PM
HCF Member

i was thinking about this kit

http://treadstoneperformance.com/pro...p;phot_key=250

Quick Reply: greddy e-manage