ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

Greddy Blue Box quesion.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 06:20 PM
HCF Member
Default Greddy Blue Box quesion.

Is there any way to tell if I have a greddy blue box for an OBDI or OBDII? The guy I bought the turbo from said everything should work fine, but the kit was on his 98 civic. So is there any different about OBDI box than the OBDII?

Old 12-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Greddy Blue Box quesion.

i would think the thing that would be different is that obdII has a lot more diagnosing skills than the obdI so i dont know how it would affect anything..... just give greddy a call or email them and they should know all about the blue box

Old 12-22-2005, 01:37 AM
HCF Member

They are the same as far as I know

Old 12-22-2005, 03:13 AM

MD420 is correct - One in the same. The difference is where it taps into your harness, but the manual tells you all that information and can be downloaded off the Greddy site in pdf format. There are jumper in the box that you will probably have to change to work with your setup. But again that is all in the manual.

Be sure you read it and understand it before you start cutting away at you harness.

Good Luck.

Old 12-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Recognized HCF Member

what he said^^^^^^^

Old 12-22-2005, 11:13 AM
HCF Member

I have the GReddy blue box. Its ok. Its soo simple to install. I have all the install sheets.....for every car. 93FASTCIVIC when u are ready to install just let me know. I will take a pic of my ECU and the blue box so u can have a picture to work with.

Old 12-22-2005, 11:27 PM
HCF Member

MD420 is correct - One in the same. The difference is where it taps into your harness, but the manual tells you all that information and can be downloaded off the Greddy site in pdf format. There are jumper in the box that you will probably have to change to work with your setup. But again that is all in the manual.

Be sure you read it and understand it before you start cutting away at you harness.

Good Luck.
Thanks for all the info man, I precciate it. But my blue box didnt come with the kit, I bought it used. So you're tellingme that the box is the same for both obdI and II, its just the matter of how many wires you plug in from the harness?

I'll give you a holla for the picture Pete. Im getting really tempted to get that turbo done, even though springs not quite here.

Old 12-22-2005, 11:28 PM
HCF Member

^ I meant the box didnt come with instructions and not the kit lol.

Old 12-23-2005, 12:57 AM
HCF Member

yea well blue box installation wont take more than 15 mins. Its like 10 wires.

Old 12-23-2005, 01:03 AM
HCF Member

so far as the blue box goes, you're telling me that either one will work or what here? It came from his 98 civic, even though the kit is made for a 92-95, so Im thinking he gave me the one for OBDII, thats what Im tryint to fiture out. Dont wanna install the wrong box and blow my motor to heides lol.

Quick Reply: Greddy Blue Box quesion.