ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

ecm problem please help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 10:00 PM
HCF Member

ok i'll do that tomorrow thanks!
but hey i also totally spaced it until today, i had car toys install a remote starter for me. they installed a hood pin i think is what its called? they said the car wont start if the hoods opened so noone could steal my car. anyways, i took it to jiffy lube to get the oil changed. and as i went to leave the car wouldnt start, and hasnt ran since. so my question is do you think they possibly knocked a wire loose on the hood pin, and now it thinks my hoods always open, and thats whats causing my car not to start? if this sounds like the problem, do you know if there is a way i can disarm the pin so it doesnt work just to see if it'll start without it connected?
-thanks again!

Old 06-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by new_2_civics
...i had car toys install a remote starter for me. they installed a hood pin i think is what its called? they said the car wont start if the hoods opened so noone could steal my car. anyways, i took it to jiffy lube to get the oil changed. and as i went to leave the car wouldnt start, and hasnt ran since. so my question is do you think they possibly knocked a wire loose on the hood pin, and now it thinks my hoods always open, and thats whats causing my car not to start? if this sounds like the problem, do you know if there is a way i can disarm the pin so it doesnt work just to see if it'll start without it connected?
It's possible. I am not familiar with the hood pin, but if you had a circuit diagram, I might be able to help you. Give Car Toys a call.