ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

E-manage

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Default E-manage

I've been looking at a GReddy turbo kit and it comes with E-manage. WhenI finally get around to boosting my civic, I want to avoid going to a shop to get it tuned if possible without damaging my engine.

Will the E-manage be sufficient or do I need to get it tuned at a shop?
I know you can hook it up to a PC, is it easy to use the E-manage to tune it yourself?

Old 03-19-2008, 08:34 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: E-manage

ORIGINAL: trustdestruction

I've been looking at a GReddy turbo kit and it comes with E-manage. WhenI finally get around to boosting my civic, I want to avoid going to a shop to get it tuned if possible without damaging my engine.

I know you can hook it up to a PC, is it easy to use the E-manage to tune it yourself?
You need to tuned the emanage since it comes with a pretty lousy basemap.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:37 PM

ORIGINAL: gsumano

You need to tuned the emanage since it comes with a pretty lousy basemap.
So do i need to take it to get it professionally tuned with the e-manage? Or canI somewhateasilytune it with the e-manage myself?
I just want to get it tuned to the point where the engine isn't gonna go bad from lack of tuning or whatever, and hopefully tuned for some HP too, but my main concern after putting on the turbo is blowing the engine.

Can I use a mac to tune the e-manage or does it have to be a windows-based PC?

Old 03-22-2008, 08:07 PM

anyone?

Old 03-24-2008, 06:30 PM

bump

Old 03-31-2008, 12:16 PM
HCF Member

So do i need to take it to get it professionally tuned with the e-manage? Or canI somewhateasilytune it with the e-manage myself?
I just want to get it tuned to the point where the engine isn't gonna go bad from lack of tuning or whatever, and hopefully tuned for some HP too, but my main concern after putting on the turbo is blowing the engine.

Can I use a mac to tune the e-manage or does it have to be a windows-based PC?
If you know how to tune, then yes you can tunecan try tostreet tune it yourself (youwill needgreddy's tuning software that allows you change the emanage fuel maps with your computer and a wideband).

I'm guessing you have no experience or know how to tune a car, Therefore, I highly recommend getting it tune by a professional or start hitting the books and research , research!!!

Old 03-31-2008, 12:28 PM

yea, i have no experience in tuning a car, but i would rather learn and do it myself than take it to get done and not learn.

do you know of any good sites with some info on tuning?

and i'm gonna need a wideband o2 sensor and A/F ratio gauge right?

Old 03-31-2008, 01:07 PM
HCF Member

yea, i have no experience in tuning a car, but i would rather learn and do it myself than take it to get done and not learn.

do you know of any good sites with some info on tuning?

and i'm gonna need a wideband o2 sensor and A/F ratio gauge right?
http://forum.pgmfi.org/

and yes, you will need an o2 wideband sensor and the a/f gauge

Old 03-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Snail'n Admin

O boy, you do not want to take a chance of messin up your engine. pgmfi might have good basemaps that you can use. You can probably get away with usin one but Id ditch the greddy emanage, they totally failed designing that. pgmfi is invaluable IMO. If you can, ditch the emanage, its good for mild applications, sorta, but get something better, such as hondata, or chip an obd1 ecu and tune it with crome, neptune, and other such programs.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:30 PM
HCF Member

If you want a cheap way to tune it then run a p28 ecu with crome, if you can tune e-manage you can tune with crome... Piggybacks just suck, they just alter the signal from the sensors to the ecu and since the ecu is always learning and making adjustments then your tune will never be fully accurate and will always change. If you run a chipped ecu and a tune it will stay the same, make more power, and be more safe. Ecu=$150, crome=free, chipping=~$50-100 depending on if you do it yourself or not OBD conversion harness ~$100 (optional if you want to rewire it yourself, yes it's a huge pain in the *** but it would save you some money if you are willing to try it). If you can pay for the turbo kit you should be able to pay for tuning it the right way.

Props for wanting to do it yourself and learn, I wishmore peoplehadthat attitude.

Quick Reply: E-manage