ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

can i run low boost 7 psi on o2 honda civic si with stock ecu ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 03:49 PM
HCF Member

I would also like to throw out again what has been said b4 in this post, boost doesnt mean anything man. 7psi doesnt matter, because 7psi on a small turbo is completely different than 7psi on a large turbo, so get the idea out of your head that running low boost will save you from having to get your car tuned. So save your money until you can get all the parts you need to do the install and tune because otherwise your going to just end up spending more money. Finally can you add some periods in your posts to show where you end your sentences. Its harder to read when everything is just one sentence.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:15 AM

ok i understand better now, now my next question is what you recommend as a good ecu chip and when you say chip what do you mean a air/ fual management system???? i am kinda new on all this turbo stuff. so i need some recommendations on what is everything i can get something good and as well cheap. i was thinking on getting a apexi fuel air management system for $359 and precision injectors 440cc and a walbro fuel pump. I am hoping thats all i have to get to install my turbo if im wrong let me know please thank you.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:19 AM

i wanted to add something my turbo is a emusa chrome T3/T4 hybird turbocharger 50 trim let me know if thats a big or small turbo and if 7psi is to much for that turbo size ???

Old 12-27-2008, 09:09 AM

That stuff you want are good choices, except for the apex-i a/f management system. I think you can get a K-flash instead and a tune. The apex-i unit is a piggy back system and those aren't as good as a real tune. This is because the ECU still has the stock parameters, but the apex-i unit is altering those parameters by telling the ECU different information than what the various sensors are actually reading. This tricks the ECU into doing what you want... for now. The ECU is a learning computer, and self-adjusts to conditions; that means the ECU is going to gradually adjust itself to fix what it thinks the sensors are saying. As a result of this, the ECU eventually starts to cancel out some of the settings you have adjusted via the apex-i unit. The best option is to get the ECU reprogrammed, because if you do that, it will not adjust itself away from your settings you have given it.

Since you're new to turbo stuff, before you start buying more stuff and installing stuff, figure out exactly what you want and learn what everything does.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:36 AM

ok when you say k flash are you talking about a hondata ecu computer and if so do you know where i can get it the cheapest deal

Old 12-27-2008, 11:37 AM

and witch hondata series is the best i was looking at a s300 but im not sure witch is the best for 02 honda si ???

Old 12-27-2008, 03:14 PM

you want k-pro
http://hondata.com/kpro.html

look for it on phearable.net

idk why i said k-flash

Old 12-27-2008, 09:11 PM
HCF Member

the hondata s300 is for d-series and b-series if im not mistaken...however kseries reflash is what you need and i think they can chip the ecu that you currently have...so things that you need to have for this setup...
1.turbo
2.turbo manifold
3.ecu w/hondata k reflash
4.intercooler piping
5.intercooler
6.blow off valve
7.440cc injectors
8.stage 1 clutch (stock clutch will not hold the power so tuning would be hard to determine the power if this factor does not get resolved with a clutch upgrade)
9.down pipe
10.wastegate
11.dump pipe
12.boost gauge
13.boost controller(manual/electric)
hopefully this directs you to the right path try checking out robearracing.com

Old 12-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Snail'n Admin

S300 also works on the h series and the f series (not the s2k f series). But yes, kpro is for the kseries motors however there are many limitations in kpro still. Certain motors are not supported yet, however im not sure which ones those are.

Last edited by GReddy_Civic; 12-28-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:49 AM

i know this thread is like 2 years old, and too late, but damn. Thats alot of mis-information. Kpro is basically a stand alone tuning ECU, even as of 2008. You can not run any kind of boost without it.

I hope someone pointed this kid to Ephatch.com, where they DO have a boosted forum for Supercharged and Turbo applications, and anything else you could probably want to learn or know about the EP chassis....

Quick Reply: can i run low boost 7 psi on o2 honda civic si with stock ecu ???