ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

can i run low boost 7 psi on o2 honda civic si with stock ecu ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 07:11 AM
Default can i run low boost 7 psi on o2 honda civic si with stock ecu ???

hello everyone im writing this thread because im unsure about some things on how to install a turbo on my 02 honda civic si i have just got my emusa turbo kit and i wanted to aske you guys if i can run my turbo with my stock ecu computer if anyone is runing there 02 honda si with only turbo aftermarket injectors please let me know i want to make sure i can run my turbo with my stock ecu i just want to run on a low boost for now about 7psi so my question is can i run my turbo just as is on just aftermarket injectors and my stock computer with low boost 7psi if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it thank you

Old 12-26-2008, 08:06 AM
HCF Member

i wouldnt run the turbo unless you have reflash on your ecu, but running stock ecu with turbo will blow your motor eventually because you will be running lean and that can lead to a blown motor...the point of having your computer tuned is to prevent this so i dont reccommend you running a ecu with stock setting since you are boosting but if you do you will surely make your ep3 take a dive. that k-series motor is not strong for boost as the type s k20. hopefully this help answer your question

Old 12-26-2008, 09:02 AM

it'll definitely hold 7psi no problem, but you're not going to be able to run that safely without a tune of some kind.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:07 AM
Angry Admin

NIONONONO!

bad advice other than dont do it lol

7psi means nothing if the turbo is small as all hell lol 7 psi on a little turbo is not the same as 7 psi on big turbo. its hp not psi that kills it

Old 12-26-2008, 09:36 AM

ok but what i dont get is how can you blow an engine on low boost i mean that like the minimum it not like im runniing 25 psi boost here plus do i have to change ecu with just a electronic turbo boost controller isnt that enough so that the boost doesnt over loud and blow engine my turbo kit is a emusa t3./t4 turbo i got a 35 mm 7psi waste gate im not to much into high boost at this time i just want a bit more power until i have the big bucks to buy other things later on i dont have to much money at the moment i just want something simple for now on low boost please tell me what kind of computer i need a boost controller a fuel air managment system some one told me with boost controller its ok so that the engine dont blow and if some one can give me a good explanation on how a engine can blow at such low boost let me now how thank you

Old 12-26-2008, 10:35 AM
HCF Member

A boost controller doesn' tune your ECU. You need to chip your ECU and have it tuned through a laptop. Otherwise you will have too much air/not enough fuel at any amount of psi and if your stupid enough to run a turbo on stock ecu, your engine is toast

Old 12-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Angry Admin

You need fuel... thats will be the problem your stock ecu cant make the stock injectors give enough fuel

Old 12-26-2008, 10:50 AM
HCF Member

And even with your aftermarket injectors, it still needs to be tuned.

Old 12-26-2008, 01:46 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by angelo84
ok but what i dont get is how can you blow an engine on low boost i mean that like the minimum it not like im runniing 25 psi boost here plus do i have to change ecu with just a electronic turbo boost controller isnt that enough so that the boost doesnt over loud and blow engine my turbo kit is a emusa t3./t4 turbo i got a 35 mm 7psi waste gate im not to much into high boost at this time i just want a bit more power until i have the big bucks to buy other things later on i dont have to much money at the moment i just want something simple for now on low boost please tell me what kind of computer i need a boost controller a fuel air managment system some one told me with boost controller its ok so that the engine dont blow and if some one can give me a good explanation on how a engine can blow at such low boost let me now how thank you

the reason that your engine can possibly blow is
1.its a base k20 motor these are not built strong for boost however built right and it can be, meaning internals
2. you are running 7psi without any tuning and most likely youll be tempted to smash the pedal mean KKKAAAABBBOOOOOOOOMMM!!!!!!!
3. you dont have a chipped ecu with reflash for kseries from hondata this is important to control the fuel and air going into your engine with the F/I so you would need to chip your ecu or have a pro do it for you and have someone tune it with a decent fuel map that will support the 7psi that you will be running. because with a stock fuel map and running boost your exhausting your motor if you push too much air if its not mix with the fuel properly

Old 12-26-2008, 02:48 PM

fuel and timing are the aspects that need to be tuned

Quick Reply: can i run low boost 7 psi on o2 honda civic si with stock ecu ???