ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

Can I add Keyless entry to 00 LX Sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 06:31 PM
Default RE: Can I add Keyless entry to 00 LX Sedan?

I want to inform everyone that I followed everyone's suggestion and successfully added keyless entry to my 2000 LX civic. It was very simple. Thanks a lot: amg6975. I bought a keyless fob with the correct FCC id from Ebay for $10. The programming instruction was posted at one of the Civic forums. Today afternoon, I programmed it. It worked like a charm!!!

Thanks a lot, everyone. Cheers.

Old 10-22-2005, 02:25 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: EcLites

ORIGINAL: epoch21

Thank you very much. EcLites.

I am not sure if my 2000 LX Honda Civic has the keyless system INBUILT in it.

amg6975: Can you please confirm for me that LX models does not need anything other than the remote ONLY for the keyless system to work. The remote keys are going about $10-20 on ebay which is quite cheap. Hence, I am not so sure. It seems to be too simple. Am I missing some thing?

Thanks again.

No problem.
I am suprised that it is as easy as that.
If its so cheap and easy to do than why dont all Civics have it stock?
It would definatley increase dealer value of the car.
They are not all built with the reciever. The ones that are also come with remotes. But buying used you usually don't get the remotes. Buying a remote is jsut replacing it the rest of the system is already there

Old 10-22-2005, 02:57 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: epoch21

I want to inform everyone that I followed everyone's suggestion and successfully added keyless entry to my 2000 LX civic. It was very simple. Thanks a lot: amg6975. I bought a keyless fob with the correct FCC id from Ebay for $10. The programming instruction was posted at one of the Civic forums. Today afternoon, I programmed it. It worked like a charm!!!

Thanks a lot, everyone. Cheers.
Glad to hear it all worked out. I really don't get why they don'y give the LX people remotes, I never understood that.

They are not all built with the reciever. The ones that are also come with remotes. But buying used you usually don't get the remotes. Buying a remote is jsut replacing it the rest of the system is already there
Any 99-00 civic with power locks, EX & LX has the keyless reciever built in. You just need the remotes if you don't have them. 96-98 if you have power locks you just need a radio from the EX and the remotes.

Old 10-29-2005, 08:55 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: amg6975

All you need is the remote, the LX has the whole system already. Go on eBay, find a remote for 99-00 civics then program it. Programming is really easy, there's instructions all over the place.
Not to highjack here, but can you do the same for say a 98 LX? Thought it would be better to ask here instead of starting another thread. Thanks ahead of time..........

Old 10-29-2005, 09:55 AM
HCF Member

Was searching around a little more, and found this site: http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/ At this site it tells you everthing about your honda, all the specs on it. This is what I did find on mine:
Remote Entry System: Accessory
Remote Fuel Filler Door Release
Remote Trunk Release: w/Lock

After doing some research I found that the remote # I need was: FCC ID: A269ZUA101
I will post back after I get it and let you all know if this works or not.

Old 10-29-2005, 01:34 PM
HCF Member

Um, I don't think that it'll work for you. I'm pretty sure you'd need the radio from an EX too. Even if it does have it, it sure as hell doesn't have fuel door release or trunk release.

Old 10-29-2005, 02:23 PM
HCF Member

Yea, I just found out about the radio a little while ago. Trying to find out how to use a stock radio with an aftermarket also. I really have no idea about the trunk and fuel door.... Why in the hell would a company put the trasmitter in a freaking radio Has anyone done this then, hiding the oem radio in the dash?

Old 10-29-2005, 03:30 PM
HCF Member

Yeah, I've done it, it's not really a big deal. You just need a Y harness so you can run power to the OEM radio that's stuffed in the dash. Stereo shops can order it for you. It won't do the fuel door or trunk.

Old 10-29-2005, 06:52 PM
HCF Member

Y harness that will plug into the oem radio harness, correct? Thanks for the info btw!

Old 10-30-2005, 12:02 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: bshaw
This is what I did find on mine:
Remote Entry System: Accessory
Remote Fuel Filler Door Release
Remote Trunk Release: w/Lock
it sure as hell doesn't have fuel door release or trunk release
"remote" as in from the driver's seat... not at the fuel door or at the trunk
but having it listed under remote entry sure is misleading.

Quick Reply: Can I add Keyless entry to 00 LX Sedan?