ECU Tuning & Fuel Management Discuss electronics and related components within.

2000 Honda Civic Ex: No fire, humming sound...what do I need to check?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 06:29 AM
Default 2000 Honda Civic Ex: No fire, humming sound...what do I need to check?

[sm=headbang.gif]Hey everybody! I'm back again with basically the same problem. (162k miles)This am there's no fire and a humming sound when I turn the ignition key. What should I check now? I'm checking all fuses now. What are the signs of a bad fuel pump? I'm trying to avoid taking the car to the dealership (only as last alternative)so I'd appreciate ANY extra help ya'll could provide. Should I just go purchase the repair manual?? lol Thanks, Sam

Old 12-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 2000 Honda Civic Ex: No fire, humming sound...what do I need to check?

If you hear the humming of the fuel pump but the engine won't start, then you need to check whether there is spark at your plugs. If not, then your coil or igniter may be bad. If you have spark, then your fuel filter might be clogged. Other problems are possible but begin by checking these common potential issues.

The pictures diagram the inside of two types of stock distributor.

Old 11-07-2021, 09:39 AM
Default me to

Originally Posted by javadeside
[sm=headbang.gif]Hey everybody! I'm back again with basically the same problem. (162k miles)This am there's no fire and a humming sound when I turn the ignition key. What should I check now? I'm checking all fuses now. What are the signs of a bad fuel pump? I'm trying to avoid taking the car to the dealership (only as last alternative)so I'd appreciate ANY extra help ya'll could provide. Should I just go purchase the repair manual?? lol Thanks, Sam
Im having the same problem did u ever figure out what it was mine is a 2000 honda civic hx. If so plz tell me what to do I replaced the head gasket the timing belt water pump and now its not starting