Drivetrain DIYs Anything that involves the performance of the vehicle.

Automatic to Manual Transmission Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 08:10 AM

I have an 04 ex and am considering doing a auto/manual conversion and was wondering if anyone had tried it and what complications might go along with it.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:36 PM

hello,

im was going to do the Auto to Manual Conversion, but i keep going different websites with different descriptions and how to do that way. Im getting confused.. Do i have to weld and cut and drill to able do converisons? i has 1995 honda civic ex 2dr..

So want able clear couple things up.. cause i saw other links as http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread...459&page=1 but its for newer year of honda it reqiures weld and cut. etc but i wasnt sure about 92-95

but tutorials is great i have no issues with it.. just want able clear things up..

do i have to pull engine up to remove the tranny and putting a manual tranny in cause my tranny is messed up anyway. or are way i can leave engine mount and pull tranny out? just out of questions.. forgive me im noob about conversion

this post is great but picture made it look so easy to conversation compare with the link i just posted it..

so hope hear from you people.

DEVO1

Old 10-24-2008, 05:36 PM
HCF Member

hey guys. ive been looking into this conversion. i have a 97 dx 2dr. iv'e done a limited search, but havent been able to find any info on how to convert a dx. nearly all of them are ex and lx conversions. is there any difference between the ex and my dx?

any help would be greatly appreciated. =]

Old 10-26-2008, 12:31 PM

I'm looking at converting my 04 DX. I'm brand new to the civic mod thing, so I'd appreciate any help. Secifically is it viable to convert the 04? I see that this is mainly for models up to 00. Which engine/tranny combo would my civic have? its the 1.7 L obviously, but how do I tell which specific model of engine and tranny it has?

Thanks!
Pat

Old 12-05-2008, 09:46 AM

im lookin to get a 97 honda civic ex(auto) and wondering if i could use the parts from my 93 civic Dx(manual) in order to do this conversion

Old 02-23-2009, 02:57 PM

1500? 800? I did this entire swap for around 300.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by DEVO1
hello,

im was going to do the Auto to Manual Conversion, but i keep going different websites with different descriptions and how to do that way. Im getting confused.. Do i have to weld and cut and drill to able do converisons? i has 1995 honda civic ex 2dr..

So want able clear couple things up.. cause i saw other links as http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread...459&page=1 but its for newer year of honda it reqiures weld and cut. etc but i wasnt sure about 92-95

but tutorials is great i have no issues with it.. just want able clear things up..

do i have to pull engine up to remove the tranny and putting a manual tranny in cause my tranny is messed up anyway. or are way i can leave engine mount and pull tranny out? just out of questions.. forgive me im noob about conversion

this post is great but picture made it look so easy to conversation compare with the link i just posted it..

so hope hear from you people.

DEVO1
you can leave the engine in.....IMO its easier that way

sorry for double post..

Old 05-26-2009, 07:04 AM
Default 1995 CX Manual Swap to my new 1996 CX Auto

So I had a project car (the 95 body) that needed way too much work... so I decided to make it the donor car.

I bought a 1996 CX automatic for cheap - body is in great shape, but the automatic transmission is going soon - hence the good price.

Question is simply...

Can I swap the 95 Manual tranny into the auto 96 (newer body)?

A buddy and I will be doing this on my driveway... we got the tools and jacks...

Obviously I'd have to go through the parts list on this thread and pull everything from the 95... but are the mount points the same between the two cars?

I'm handy with a welder (sort of) so if it's nominal cut / weld then I am comfortable with that.

Thanks for the advice!

Old 05-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Default tranny swap

was wondering how much wiring do i have to do if i have 2 civics one with auto and other with stick. I have all of the hardeware and the ecu. I mean i have both complete cars. But the stick has been wrecked in front. So is there alot to do with the wiring looking 4 a lil help

Old 05-30-2009, 10:56 AM
HCF Member

i just did this swap. the upper transmission mount is incorrect in the car. the atx mount on the car is higher then the mtx. meaning if you use the stock mtx mount the trans will sit higher on that side and wear out your passenger side axle rather fast.

there are a few after market companys that make the mount but i saw they run about $100

Quick Reply: Automatic to Manual Transmission Conversion