Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Mr.Clean auto dry car wash

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 10:44 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Mr.Clean auto dry car wash

now you got me wondering. too lazy to research, im gonna stick with the old fashioned car wash and detail spray for now.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:51 AM
HCF Member

Hahaha. It just sounds like it takes longer to wash using the MCAD kit. I can wash and dry my car in 10 minutes. I would go nuts waiting for it to drip dry

Steps to clean a car with Mr Clean

1- Rinse the car
2- Rinse the car with soap
3- Remove dirt with a sponge
4- Rinse the car to remove soap
5- Use the filter option to rinse the car with purified water ( this takes a lot of time because the pressure is low and you need to be sure to rinse all the car very slowly )

Old 05-16-2006, 10:57 AM
HCF Member

I tried it once..........once is the key word here.[:'(]

Old 05-16-2006, 11:45 AM
HCF Member

ok..well i see in advertised all the time and looked pretty good,but mabey ill hold off for now..its takes me about half a hour to a hour to wash and dry my car, got to get everything..and now with the rims ,they take alot of time to shine them up

Old 05-23-2006, 07:35 AM
HCF Member

just to let you know mill i don't like the mr. clean thing i use this ivory hand soap(lol), and then i use a chamois or a "shammy" lol and it may take a little longer but it's SPOTLESS and when it's done it shines like the sun hitting chrome, except there no chrome, neways then i use armor all (however you spell it) tire shine just have to be carefull not to get it on the rims because it get's sticky but yeah it looks awesome... the shammy i bought a 2.25sq ft one and it's big enough... so there's my two cents

Old 05-23-2006, 09:33 AM
mxs
HCF Member

California Dry Blade!

I thought these things were stupid, and then I tried one. They rule! $6 at Target, buy one!

Old 05-23-2006, 10:15 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: travman82
i don't like the mr. clean thing i use this ivory hand soap(lol)

I dont know why you guys are having problems with mr clean. It works great on my black car. The only downer for me is the cost of the refill soap and filter.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:39 AM

ORIGINAL: travman82

just to let you know mill i don't like the mr. clean thing i use this ivory hand soap(lol),
I'd be careful with that Ivory hand soap. Dishwashing liquids have abrasives in them that can scratch your clearcoat over repeated washes. One thing with the Mr. Clean system is that you must use their soap. It is also formulated for quick drying, not just the PUR filter. I've had my MCAD system for about a year and even though I like using it, I no longer do because the fitment that attaches to the water hose can never get tight enough and water sprays out from there all over me and the car. Plus, you have to set the thing down gently if you ever want to do any scrubbing. No just dropping the hose on the ground. Other than that, I find that it does do a good job washing the vehicle and spot-free rinsing it.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:46 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: RaskyR1

3- Remove dirt with a sponge
Dont even get me startyed on this part why not just take a key to your paint(note i am very biast when it comes to sponges, due to the fact taht dirt can get trapped inside the sponge and be drug all over the paint when washing the car, i know this can happen with clothes too but it is more prone to doing so with a sponge). and one thing to make your car look all shiney is a claybar, yeah that is right claybar. i am getting one with my next paycheque

http://www.adamspolishes.com/videos/clay_bar.cfm

Old 05-25-2006, 12:14 AM

I'd be careful with claybar if u've never used it before...if u dont use it right ull turn ur paint into "orange peel" it will sorta add a texture to ur car. But if ur car doesnt have overspray or its pretty much smooth..i wouldnt waste the time in claybaring ur car. Ive been workin at a professional detail shop for a while and we use it all the time on the very bottoms of cars where all the dirt slings up from the road....but if u claybar like the upper part of the car there really wont be ne diff....but if u want to go for it....like i said it will only hurt if u dont do it the right way....

Quick Reply: Mr.Clean auto dry car wash