Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

How often

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Default How often

How often should i wax my car its a black 00 civic?

Old 11-14-2006, 06:24 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: How often

I do mine once a week just cause I'm a detail fanatic. But if you just want to get by with the minimum for protecting your car from the elements once every 3 months should suffice depending on the quality of wax you're using. Some claim to last longer, I've never been able to test any wax lasting any longer than 1 month, I can't imagine going a whole month without waxing it.

But a good way to guage the wax's remaining effectiveness is to see if water still beads on the surface. If water pools and dries in huge puddles, you need to wax it.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:57 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: jake11375

I do mine once a week just cause I'm a detail fanatic
That's how I usually am. My poor car didn't get that treatment this summer though, as it spent most of it's time in the garage torn to pieces

Old 11-15-2006, 08:01 AM
HCF Member

That's how I usually am. My poor car didn't get that treatment this summer though, as it spent most of it's time in the garage torn to pieces
I wouldn't mind giving it a rest from waxing if I was getting a turbo or some other engine mods.

Old 11-15-2006, 12:35 PM

How did we go from waxing a car to turbo? thats awsome!!! I just used this wax the "Ice" wax u know what im talking about? that stuff is really nice gives a good shine but i dont know how it coats it yet, i used to be a detailer, and my manager told me wax it once a year, i think he was wrong, but i know if u wax it to much doesnt it hurt the clear coat and the paint?

Old 11-15-2006, 12:41 PM
HCF Member

i wax mine whenever its a good season, like summer, spring, and somewhat fall. So i say i'ma wax mine like every 3-4 months and since my wax protects for a long time thats all i need

Old 11-15-2006, 12:56 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Silentcracker95
but i know if u wax it to much doesnt it hurt the clear coat and the paint?
No, waxing done properly cannot harm your clear coat or paint. Wax is simply a protective barrier from the sun and other harmful elements. can't have too much protection right? Using cheap or dirty towels, rubbing too hard, car wash brushes, waxing over sap, dust and other contaminants.... all these are common practices that DO harm paint.

On the other hand, too much polishing with abrasive compounds can eventually thin your clear and weaken your paint's protection against the elements. A true wax does not contain abrasives.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:14 PM

So the that "Ice" wax stuff good? but my car looks just like urs jake, i love the coupe civics, i got 16's on mine they are gunmetal rims with a polish lip.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:46 PM
HCF Member

^^ Never used it before... I'm not totally against the possibility of trying it out though. I've heard decent reviews about it and some bad. It's difficult for people to be subjective on it because it's a Turtle Wax product. But it seems Turtle Wax is making a comeback from the negative spotlight they've been in for so long. Me personally, I don't care what you call it, I'm not a name brand guy, I use what works...

BTW... get some pics of your coupe up man, we'd like to see it.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:59 PM

ive tried but i dont know how to do it wont let me, ill try tonight again for ya. u will love it, i painted my valve cover red with the honda and the honda symbol polish out, with omni power coilovers with omni power cambering kits front and rear with dc headers and greddy catback evo 2, but i need a new catallic coverter, i wonder should i get a new one or a test pipe? my exhaust is loud enough. but ill try tonight for ya.

Quick Reply: How often