The Chop Shop Post here to have your fellow members do some photo shop work to your ride...

Rebel SRT-4 *updates*

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 09:20 AM
Default Rebel SRT-4 *updates*

Mitsubishi has thrown down the gauntlet. If dealers can't sell its new products like the Outlander and Lancer, the company may pull out of the United States completely. Mitsubishi's product boss, Shinichi Kurihara said as much at a press event, indicating that the company's recovery rides on the success of the vehicles. The company is down 16.5 percent to 36,536 units so far this year, and its Normal, Ill. plant employs just one shift. Predictably, dealers have responded by urging Mitsubishi brass to open up their wallets and spend more money on advertising here in the States.

Meanwhile, Mitsubishi's May sales figures just arrived and the company posted a 3.9-percent rise in sales over May of 2005, which follows an even stronger 17.5-percent improvement last month over April of 2005.
[Source: Automotive News via AutoWeek]

This means there will be no Evo X coming to the US if Mistu Bails out of the USDM. The Mitsu Lancer EVO X was designed at the Pacifica Advance Design Studio by DaimlerChrysler Auto Designers. The sedan version was to be sold in the US while the Mitsu would be allow to sell it world wide.

However, we can thank the bean counters for that change. DCx could and have the rights to build the car for the North America if Mitsu bails out.

here is the Mistu Evo X concept:

and here is what the potential "Dodge Rebel SRT-4" could look like:
s

Old 06-14-2006, 09:46 AM
Default RE: Rebel SRT-4

Leave it to dodge to take a decent looking car and have a magnum crap all over it

Old 06-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: LEVIII

Leave it to dodge to take a decent looking car and have a magnum crap all over it
..dodge is the only reason that your car was built...otherwise mitsu would have been in the tank long before the evo saw US oil.

and as for the next evo "The Mitsu Lancer EVO X was designed at the Pacifica Advance Design Studio by DaimlerChrysler Auto Designers." i think that you mean "leave it dodge to keep mitsubishi alive".

ive already seen a rebel mule at the HQ, and it doesnt look anything like that. it looked just like a caliber, but with a trunk instead of a hatchback...the front end was the same as the caliber, and the body lines were the same.

and for the record, thats a charger front end, not a magnum.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:10 PM

i think the evo looks so much more bada$$ than the srt...

Old 06-14-2006, 01:13 PM
HCF Member

They both have huge wheels.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:34 PM
Administrator

let me point out, that the second picture is a chop..not a real car. the exo X is a real car...

i think that the srt4 design could be cleaned up a bit and look good...i like the dodge headlights better than the evox headlights...im interested to see if the odd evo x headlights make it to production.

one thing is for sure, that evo/srt chop looks better than the srt-4 neon...

Old 06-14-2006, 01:37 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Patrick
the exo X is a real car...
it is? lol
one thing is for sure, that evo/srt chop looks better than the srt-4 neon...
I couldnt agree more.

Old 06-14-2006, 02:10 PM
Administrator

yeah..mitsubishi debuted the evo X at the tokyo motor show...

and to hide the look of the new evo X, but to work on the performance aspects, the new AWD system has been installed in some Evo IXs...but i think those use the old engine/transmission...

Old 06-14-2006, 05:03 PM

Well I can tell you right now you may have seen the Rebel running around town, but if dodge is smart and goes on what they did with the Magnum/Charger, then the Rebel should look nothing like the Caliber...at least i hope to god not.

Old 06-14-2006, 05:13 PM

i saw a test of the new evo drivetrain on the "old" evo and it seemed to perform very well, mitsu is following in the GM footsteps making cars that are run of the mill excluding the EVO, no flagships. one could say that the eclipse was their flagship but they managed to screw that up as well

Quick Reply: Rebel SRT-4 *updates*