Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

whats that noise!!!!???

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 05:49 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

i rly think the 2 inch sub is a typo.. aint it? i was thinkin u ment to put 12 inch haha

all a capasitor does is hold power so it can use it at a later time, i dont think that would be the problome

Old 11-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Chubby Chaser

Originally Posted by chrismag
i hooked up the remote wire to the ignition starter. i tested the volts when i installed it. i got 12 volts while runing and zero while my car was off. soo i dont think it was the remote wire. i bought a cap just to make my self feel better. those things arent cheep either. so i hope its not my alternator.
why did you run it to the ignition wire? run it to the back of the stereo there is a blue remote/antenna wire you hok it into.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:30 PM
HCF Member

Not sure what to tell you....go over all the connections again, unplug and replug in stuff

Old 11-15-2009, 09:52 PM
HCF Member

If the volume is down and u are hearing the noise still it is the RCA wires. U might need to replace them. Are u saying that your speakers are shuting off or your car? Are u running a breaker or a fuse on your power wire for the amp?

Old 11-16-2009, 04:25 PM
HCF Member

Since u are not running RCA's the wiring to the trunk isnt the issue. I would say it is either the hi low converter or the RCA's in the amp are bad. Try unpluging one side of them and see if the noise goes away. If one or the other is bad the noise will go away. What kind of amp are u running? And what is the brand of the Converter? If u are going to run a Converter you really dont want to buy a cheap one.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:12 AM
Chubby Chaser

i suggest getting a aftermarket radio/cd player, and getting rid of all the converting wiring crap, i watched that video and that is just to many wires everywhere, make it clean and simple = less problems and check the rca wires they may be bad.

Quick Reply: whats that noise!!!!???