Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

whats that noise!!!!???

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 12:40 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

2 inch sub?? damn i bet that thing rattles the whole car dosent it XD

haha just kiddin

anyhow, it sounds to me like htere is power running to the sub causing it to make it run a high frequency, my computer system does that to me, i got 2 satelite speakers and a 10 inch subwoofer, then i turn my computer on, i get a frequency comming from it. i think its normal, idk. i would just live with it lol.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Recognized HCF Member

You're saying you hear this noise even with the engine off? Then it's certainly not from the exhaust.

Could be a grounding issue. Also RCA cables should not run alongside the power or ground wires to the amp, as there might be feedback. If the exhaust install involved any arc welding, it could have burned something out.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Chubby Chaser

when you ran your amp wires the power wire needs to be on onside of the car with the remote wire then the rca wires ran on the other side by themselves. this will get rid of the noises you hear

Old 10-31-2009, 11:01 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

i have a cap but thier main useage is so your lights dont flicker when the bass drops, i dont think an amp will take up more juice from ur battery than your altinator can withstand.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

check your alt

Old 11-01-2009, 07:20 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by chrismag
thanks!!! and an other thing tho.... my car died 7 ****ing times today!!!! every time stoped it didnt start when i try'd to. and the thing is i drove for about 30 minutes in between each time i stopped it.. whats the problem?? do i need a capasiter??
cuz i think my amp is draining my batery
Unless you hooked up the Remote wire wrong, it's not the amp.....No 2 in sub that i know of can take enough power to even make you lights dim....

If it was shorted out, there would most likely be a blown fuse or a fire.

Maybe check the alt like Supersize said.

Quick Reply: whats that noise!!!!???