Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

What exactly does "XM Ready" mean??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Default What exactly does "XM Ready" mean??

Sorry for needing the education but I just bought a used 2006 Civic SI and it says XM ready? I had an audi with XM in it and loved it. I have a portable XM Inno that I use to workout that can receive live content and you store recorded content also.

The owners manuals do not tell you much about the XM portion of the stock head unit. When I push the XM/AUX button it does not do anything. My question is can someone explain how the stock unit works XM wise? Can I use my portable XM Inno in conjunction with the stock unit? Can you subscribe to XM and get it live with this unit?

Sorry for all the questions, just need clarification. By the way, I do not have navi, just the stockunit.

Thanks for the help everyone

Old 03-19-2007, 01:28 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What exactly does "XM Ready" mean??

i think it means that if you get an XM radio, the headunit has inputs, meaning its all set up and ready for you to plug the XM radio in.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:42 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What exactly does "XM Ready" mean??

it may have an adapter that will let you use an older or different XM reciever box with your stock radio. Most of those plugs are all the same, but sometimes you need to buy an adapter, maybe from honda.

Didnt know they had xm units.

Or if its an aftermarket unit, same applies, contact the manufacturer and or look online for their XM recievers, maybe there is an inline wire that you can buy to make an old one work with it. Most of them are pretty cheap now a days, 50-150 bucks for most, and your unit will be able to control the radio without another remote or what not.