Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Viper alarm help

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 07:54 PM
HCF Member
Default Viper alarm help

my girlfriend has the viper alarm system and it seems to be working strangely. when she locks and unlocks the car, the arming/disarming sound sounds very high pitch and just at first it stopped making sound. it started to rain today and not sure if this is related to water in the siren, not even sure if water got in. or maybe something to do with the alarm not getting enough power or related to battery in any way. anyone know what may cause this to happened especially the arming and disarming sound being high pitch. could this be valet mode, not sure if it is on. she tells me that the paging remote doesnt make the beep, beep beep sound also.

Last edited by sfazngiants; 10-30-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:55 AM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

the siren issue could be a result of water getting into it. Check to see how the siren is mounted, it should be facing downward so water can not accumulate inside it. You can replace the siren with any kind of alarm siren so try to get your hands on one and replace the one in your gf's car. Its just a positive wire and negative wire.

The pager not beeping back when she unlocks/locks the car (I assume it doesnt beep back when the alarm gets set off either) is mostly like due to the antenna being partially unplugged either at the antenna or where the antenna plugs into the brain. If thats not the case then the remote has taking a dump on you and you need to replace that as well.

Let me know what you come up with.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:45 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well for the siren check the ground as well as make sure its facing downward.
was it installed bya shop or did you do it or was it in the car already?

if it was installed by a shop just tell them somethings messed up and make em fix it free of charge...

but if you did. get the remote control and look for the V on the remote control if its not displayed its not in valet mode. also if she has a remote starter tell her to see if the remote starter works... if it remote starts the car then its not in valet mode. but if it doesnt start then its definatly in valet mode. i blieve ya just turn the ignition on and find the small valet switch under the dash press and hold it till the alarm chirps. im not exactly positive it might just be a single touch or turn the key on then off then touch or hold the switch. ive only put my alarm in valet mode once when i got done installing it along time ago...

or it might be in power save mode... again look at the remote control for any icon being displayed.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:22 AM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

You can prevent your security system from automatically arming
and triggering by using Valet® Mode. This is very useful when
washing the vehicle or having it serviced. In Valet® Mode, the
security system will not arm, even with the remote transmitter,
but all convenience functions (door locks, trunk release, etc.)
will continue to work normally.
To enter or exit Valet® Mode:
1. Turn the ignition on.
2. Turn the ignition off.
3. Press and release the Valet
button within 10 seconds.
The status LED will light solidly if you are entering Valet®
Mode, and it will go out if you are exiting Valet® Mode.
To enter or exit Valet Mode using the transmitter:
1. Open any vehicle door.
2. Press lock.
3. Press unlock.
4. Press lock again.
The status LED will light solidly if you are entering Valet®
Mode, and it will go out if you are exiting Valet® Mode.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:39 AM
HCF Member

thanks for the help guys, her car was done by a shop so i might bring it there or i will check it out myself when the rain stop. looks like sunday.