Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Upgrade system

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 01:32 PM
HCF Member
Default Upgrade system

Well I think my subs blew because when I hook them up they make a initial hit, but very very very low like you have to be absolutley quiet to hear it, not a intial boom. But yea I want to replace them with 12's and probably gonna need a new amp.

Any sites or places that have deals on boxes, subs and amps? I want a ported box also. So anyone help me build a system.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:37 PM
HCF Member

Oh yea I listen to a lot of rap and hip hop so I need something that hits pretty hard, my 10s hit pretty hard but I know there is stuff that hits harder without burning out.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:02 PM
HCF Member

Hmm, this is tough to say. First off, if you want something that hits harder, 600 watts RMS from that MRP-650 isn't going to do much, unless you want to run a single sub... But I see you are looking to replace the amp.....

I would recommend a pair of SPL 12s and a lot more power to satisfy your hip-hop bass desires. I heard a pair of Digital Designs 3512 subs in a Scion TC off of 700 watts RMS each, and stuff would fall through the headliner with the volume cranked all the way up. The RE SE series - http://reaudio.com/home.html - is also a good balance between playing loud and sounding good. Another good selection would be some AudioQue subs and one of their amps: http://www.audioque.com/aq/index.htm

Granted there are other subwoofers out there that will play loud and low too.... I just wanted to get you pointed in a direction

ETA: I generally recommend staying far, FAR away from pre-fab enclosures, especially ported. You are way better off either building or having someone build a custom enclosure for your vehicle and your subwoofers.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:06 PM
HCF Member

it really depends on how much you want to spend.

Audioque is great if you want loud and decent SQ for cheap I own two SDCs and the AQ1200D, and i can guarantee they will murder your Infinitys.

SSA, Fi, Mach 5 audio, Ascendant Audio, Digital designs and anything from here

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/z...=index&cPath=2

Old 05-24-2009, 03:47 PM
HCF Member

What kind of places would build a box though, I def dont want to try to build one myself. You think just a local audio place would do a good job, ie not a franchise store. I was looking to spend about 500-600 but would be willing to do a little bit more like 750+

Also Im worried about if I can run all my stuff with my current battery and alternator, I put in some 0 guage in the trunk and except I couldnt run 0 guage from the alt to the battery because it would just cause the top of the battery post to melt on the negative part when i put the ground on the negative, the rest of the car is 4 guage.

Yea I was disappointed with my infinitys, maybe it was on my end or just because they are 10s, but they deff did not hit as hard as I thought.

Last edited by Njai; 05-24-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:58 PM

10's will hit harder, and 12's will hit less hard but will be louder.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:08 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
10's will hit harder, and 12's will hit less hard but will be louder.
Nope....a good 18 should be just as tight as a 10 (given a good install on both)

Old 05-27-2009, 02:04 PM
HCF Member

Alright alright so I figured out that one of my subs still work... just will take my amp into safe mode when i hook up both, apparently something is really messed up with the other sub. So I can get another sub from a friend for dirt cheap and maybe get another amp.

But is there a way I can get a rca splitter, rca cable (Or whatever) to go to two different amps but put out the same noise. I want to have the two 10's run on two different mono channel amps until I really feel like dishin full out for the total upgrade.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Njai
Alright alright so I figured out that one of my subs still work... just will take my amp into safe mode when i hook up both, apparently something is really messed up with the other sub. So I can get another sub from a friend for dirt cheap and maybe get another amp.

But is there a way I can get a rca splitter, rca cable (Or whatever) to go to two different amps but put out the same noise. I want to have the two 10's run on two different mono channel amps until I really feel like dishin full out for the total upgrade.
yes
i don't know if it's recommended though, but i don't see why not.

it's called a y-adapter. you'll need 2 y-adapters (with one female, two males on each y adapter) and 2 dual rca cables.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:53 PM
HCF Member

Don't mix subs! It will not sound good.....

Quick Reply: Upgrade system