Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

UPDATE! getting my new stuff set up!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Default UPDATE! getting my new stuff set up!

alright well out with the old in with the new...audiobahn...not liking right now so its time for new stuff.

Kenwood KAC-9102D 850w RMS AMP -- on the way

Pioneer Premier TS-W2504 10" 800 rms 2500 peak -- ordering in a few days

than doing a custom fiberglass box with incorporated amp mount....

what you guys think... ill have pictures of it all probably in a week or two.... where should i get my amp kit from? went to crutchfield and it said it should have a 100 amp fuse

Old 07-23-2006, 09:03 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: getting my new stuff set up!

sounds good to me, are you doing the fiberglass box? pm sent

Old 07-24-2006, 11:56 AM
HCF Member

yes 100amp fuse. i just recently built a new box for my 15" audibahn. i but a fiber glass box, and made stilts and the whole works to so the sub comes out at and angle. then i fiberglassed it and bondoed it up then primed it and painted. i dont have it in my car yet cause i have and 06 and the indash kit isnt a cheap one. ill try to get some pic for you.
there are two ways to do your fiberglass and both will turn out different with different looks. one is much harder and takes longer(thats what i did). You can do it the sheet way, by using the fiberglass sheet, laying it on and stapling it down, then putting the res. on it to harded, and then bondo(like you see one Unique whips) or you can cut the sheets and do almost a paper mache style, this way you can get my character to it, but it way messier and takes a lot longer but i think it was worth. make your own amp rack and personalize it.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:23 PM

boy i wish i could of stopped you before you wrote all that out, i have fiberglassed before lol and just so you get it im doing the cut and paste way if you get my drift. the whole paper mache is what im talking about.

so ill get pics up when its done or somewhat done

Old 07-27-2006, 12:51 PM

alright box is pretty much done, now for anyone who has done fiberglass they know after its done the hard part comes of smoothing, body filling and sanding.

well i think i've decided im going to wrap it in something. What should i wrap it in though? i was thinking some sort of suede. any suggestions. this is what it looks like as of now.

yes i have done some bondo/sanding but there is much more work ahead and i would rather just wrap it in something and get it over with

Old 07-28-2006, 09:01 PM
Recognized HCF Member

man ive been thinking of doing a fiberglass box for the floor of my civic and some sides... but i just hate fiberglass.
LOL

think im gonna stick with just MDF and carpet....
i thought about trying some black suede BUT not sure how that would turn out....
probably just gonna use black trunk carpet. and it still matches my car.... and even beter for daily driving due to cleaning...

but anyways id say with your box made like that id say keep on sanding for another week and get it paint ready
unless ya wanna do 2 pieces of material or sewing them together depending on what material you wanna wrap it in...

but.... might i ask... wheres that box going?

for my next box setup i wanna seal the trunk off from the cabin and fire the subs from the back seat.... and realy think i wanna do some plexiglass on the box for sure! gotta be able to see it from the trunk.

heres my best links..
plexiglass and suede
http://www.estreetplastics.com/Trans...heets_s/55.htm

http://www.syfabrics.com/mojocart/di....cfm?cat_id=95

hell put some plexiglass between the box and amp and cut out a section in the center for a neon or cold cathode light. that should look preaty sweet!

Old 07-28-2006, 09:07 PM

boy you had a lot to say hahaa

1. already covered in a felt type box carpet, black from walmart.

2. heres a picture of where its going, i started a new thread with an update.