Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Underglow

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 08:38 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Underglow

i was in the same situation when i got my led tubes for xmas.....my friend and i put the two sides on and looked at the front and back.....and pretty much just said skrew it and put them on the inside next to my windows....lights up the inside...but i dont get the full effect and im gunna move them this weekend to the front and back......im interested in seeing your pictures.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:19 PM
HCF Member

I just took some day pics. I'm guna take some night pics tonight and hopefully get them allup for ya. I made a thread in the apperance section with some questions on the lips but no one has posted anything. But oh well. I'll just do some more research and see what I can come up with.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: Overurhead360

i know i sound stupid but i haveNO idea were to put the underglow in the front... i looked but it dosnt look like i can do it anywhere, the only thing i can think of is putting a whole new peice of metal, but i really dont want to do that. any help would be awsome, i think its probly an easy solution i just cant get it.
There's a spot on the frame that I used back in the day when I had neons (Flip used the same spot and we both agree it's a good place to have the tube). If you take off the front bumper, you can see it right in front of your radiator (you'll need to take off the bumper to install the tube anyway). Then, just trim (or remove entirely) the plastic splash guard, and you'll be fine. And, as an added bonus, you basically have to try to damage the tube.

Name:  neon1.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  45.2 KB
(sorry for the unpainted fenders lol)

Old 06-20-2007, 06:08 AM
HCF Member

Okay so I dont think i used that placment, i never took the bumper off, I just loosened it and put the tune ender neath the plastic skirt part of the bumper, it shines great except the ends stick out . I'm hoping that a mugen front lip will solve this viewing problem. but hers a pic of the front.
Name:  100_3993.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  107.6 KB

Then the sides are all set, you have to try to see them to actually find them, heres a pic.
Name:  100_3992.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  114.9 KB

Then there rear isnt as visble as the front, but if your back far enough and low enough you can see the tube, Im hoping a rear lip here will help it too. If not idunno what to do. Heres a pic.

Name:  100_3995.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  57.8 KB

Old 06-20-2007, 02:20 PM
HCF Member

that last picture is...uh...an interesting angle.....

any who....i put mine on the front and back yesturday...the back i found a really nice spot in my bumper so its not visable at all...on the front...that was a tricky one....ill post pictures when i find my camera....

zip ties for the win!

Old 06-20-2007, 07:06 PM
HCF Member

haha, yeah the angles pretty wierd. lol.

But pics are always nice.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:22 PM
HCF Member

alright, i know yall said to ask local plice,but does anyone know if ub lights are legal in texas?

Old 06-20-2007, 07:40 PM
HCF Member

for the front bumper, i actaully mounted it to the front of the actual steel bumper (not the bottom) then just angled the LEDs down. I actually sawed up a chunk of my bumper (its not visible) so that the lightwould shine through.The sides look good on yours, and then on the back, did you mount it to the bottom of the trunk? Like the lower part that holds your spare tire? That will get it tucked up there good. The way you have the front mounted, the turb is visible, and thats a no-no, you just need to mount it to the front of the bumper, not the bottom. I'll take some pics for you tomorrow if you're lucky

Old 06-21-2007, 05:12 AM
HCF Member

There one in the back is on the spare tires well. I think I understand what your saying nowabout the front one. I'm guna order some lips and if they don't help out I'll switch it up.

And I'm sorry guys about not having night pictures up, I just keep forgetting. I have some from my phone but they are horrible.

Old 06-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Recognized HCF Member

yep.... shoulda got some flexstrips
Name:  ledflex013.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  30.2 KB

Quick Reply: Underglow