Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Underglow

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Underglow

ya but if they are hiten ya up for stupid stuff like that... then YA YOUR TARGETED...
ive only been talked to about my civic just a few times..... and they have always been for my liscence plate cover.... but not actualy the cover.... more less my window tint i have layed over my liscence plate. LMFAO

but its not a ticket that will make my insurance go up so until i get a ACTUAL either efix it ticket or just a ticket for it... its gonna stay that way!!!!!! only takes a few seconds to pull it off if i wanted to.....LOL

Old 04-15-2007, 05:03 PM

how illegal are those lights?

Old 04-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Super Cereal Admin

underlights? technically, they're pretty illegal, but a lot of cops don't care... I've only gotten pulled over once for 'em, and even then I just got a warning.

Old 04-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Recognized HCF Member

depends on your state your in... for instance here in indiana as long as the bulbs are hidden they are fine... BUT if ya see the bulbs they are illegal... BUT in some states you cannt have them at all... just depends by state.. .just like window tint... talk to afew cops in your area and try to find out... dont just go by one cops word or even two cops words... always ask a few! cause thiers always gonna be a few that say... NA THATS ILLEGAL ILL TICKET YA FOR THAT.... then thiers the cool cops that will say.. they are fine as long as bulbs are hidden or its not a certain color... or sometimes they just dont care about them...

i got pulled over all the time in my old impala when i started geting into neons and such... but i was realy stupid with them.LOL i had em just hangen anywhere..LOL even inside the car.LMFAO

then i just got smarter and realized that hiding the bulbs realy makes them look a TON BETER!!!!!!
tho quite a few people still say THEY ARE GAY..... blablabla or THEY ARE RICE... blablabla or THOSE ARE copied from fast N furious.. .blablabla...but in short no ones gonna stop me from doing my underbody lights! ive been doing them for 11years now and will continue to do them! anyone that knows me KNOWS ive been doing UB lighting since i got my drivers liscence!

Old 04-15-2007, 09:48 PM
HCF Member

Well for the money are ebay led tubes worth it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-U...QQcmdZViewItem

Cuz I'm low on cash. likeI was thinking to get two of these, one now and on e alittle later and mount both sets to make it really bright. But idunno if i should trust ebay, cuz thats cheap.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:19 AM
HCF Member

i dont think the cops care about neons here unless they are red or blue. but those flexstrips are sooo cool man, where can you buy them?

Old 04-16-2007, 04:45 AM
Recognized HCF Member

i wouldnt buy the ebay kits..... they arent that bright at all from what ive heard... just keep saving and piece together a good kit!
http://www.oznium.com/flexible-led-strips
they have several different tpyes now
but this is the type ive been using
http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips

Old 04-16-2007, 09:32 AM
HCF Member

Okay. Sounds good. It will take me awhile to save up cuz i just ordered 20 leds, and 6 cathodes and 6 switches and drained alot of my money.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:28 PM
HCF Member

i know i sound stupid but i haveNO idea were to put the underglow in the front... i looked but it dosnt look like i can do it anywhere, the only thing i can think of is putting a whole new peice of metal, but i really dont want to do that. any help would be awsome, i think its probly an easy solution i just cant get it.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:48 PM
HCF Member

Okay sop I cheaped out and bought some cheap LED tubes. Put the sides on yesterday, then asked for help on the front and back, no one replied so I went and did my best. I put the front up under the plastice for the bumper and pointed it diagonally back wards. One problem is the plastic isnt as long as the tube, to like 2 inches on the ends stick out and can be seen pretty easily from a certain point of view. same with the back, I mounted to the spare tire well. I can be seen, but not as easily as the front. I'm wondering if a front and back lip would cure this up. Hopefully, if not im guna spray paint the showing parts black so the y don't stand out maybe. I'll post some pics up tomarrow or the next day. But any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Underglow