Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Underglow

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 07:15 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Underglow

what neons did you use? ebay? or something like streetglow?

i love the halos!!

Old 04-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Super Cereal Admin

The LED's were some generic brand from http://www.shmotorsport.com/, but the neons are StreetGlows (I broke my front LED tube a while back, so I replaced the whole kitwith neons)...

btw, Thanks, I really lovemy halos... I'm definitely glad I got those headlights

Old 04-11-2007, 08:02 PM
HCF Member

Reaper, you've got them mounted EXACTLY the same as me, they light up the ground really similar to mine too. Works good eh?

Those pics are all you need, trust us, it works good. Just need some self-tapping screws to go into the metal.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:10 PM
HCF Member

Alright thanks a lot guys.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Recognized HCF Member

.come on guys....... sorry took so long... but my grandpa died so ive been around doing the funeral stuff the last few days.

but.... come on hide the bulbs guys!!!!!! thats HORIBLE.........

thats the newer lighting toys waterproof, flexable led strips... 6ft lengths..

Name:  frontledstrips008.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  38.4 KB

heres how i have my rear flexstrip ran.... with some L shaped aluminum channeling along the botom and then a few pieces on the sides to hold the strips up thier with some zip ties...
also with the channeling painted black to blend in beter...
Name:  ledflex013.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  30.2 KB

same type mounted in the front with some channeling but some holes in the side plastic panels that i ran some zipties thru to hold it tight...

tho no new pics sorry... i riped my front strip apart over the winter and pulled it off cause i twisted the channeling all up and tore the inside strips apart half way so i had to solder some new wires to the other half of the unlite strip and now it works i just havent put the new channeling and strip back on the car yet...
BUT i also havent bought the 6ft strips for the sides yet either.... those are pics of my old cathodes that where burnen out.LOL and now none of them work.. but then again i lost my UB switch spot when i put my OEM fog lights on. so the wires are all unhooked until i can rebuild and rewire...LOL

Old 04-14-2007, 08:54 AM
HCF Member

So are these flex strips cheaper ans easier to do? I'm guessing you go them off oznium.

Old 04-14-2007, 09:19 AM
Recognized HCF Member

they are not cheaper..... BUT ARE ALOT BETER!!!!!
i used cold cathodes always before on my UBs BUT if just a drop of water gets into the transformers THEY FRY and transfrormers are JUNK....LOL and i did all the sealing with silicone and tape all i could and just over time and so many (mikes express underbody car washs) they just started leaking and going out....

which is why i started replacing the cold cathodes with these 6ft flexstrips! they are also easier to hide cause they arent in those tubes....

the 6ft strips i believe are like 60each... BUT well worth it!!!!!!
i mean COME ON JUST LOOK AT THIS FRONT GLOW!!!!!!!!! and KNOW its all waterproof, flexable, and even repairable if ya drag it on something and rip the guts in two.... just solder new wires on the other half thats not lite and your golden again!

and yes i know at low to the ground you could see my cold cathode tubes i just never bought some larger L channel to hide them beter.... but they are all junk now so no need for the larger channeling when i replace them with the flex strip!
Name:  leds003.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  19.5 KB
Name:  leds002.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  34.5 KB

the strips are even BRIGHTER than my cold cathodes and even a brighter color green... i love em.... im just busy buying other things for my civic since the UB lights only get lite up SOMETIMES at night.... just depends on my mood...LOL

Old 04-14-2007, 10:17 PM
HCF Member

Yeah in my town I'll get nabbed in a second for having them on while driving. The cops in my town like live for things like that. I've got pulled over for my car being too loud and I just havea CAI no exhaust mods yet. So mine wouldn't be on very much either.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya youve been targeted for sure if just for the intake!!!!!!!

your not gonna get away with anything!
luckely cops around here arent to bad.. well most are cool if ya show them respect... mainly mine are hidden fully which i was told from another cop was fine here in indiana... but if thebulbs are visable THEN they are illegal...

Old 04-15-2007, 10:29 AM
HCF Member

Yeah, its no good. I've been puled over/talked to by cops so many times and it was never for anything like speeding or running lights. Its all, hey you plate regestration stickers on the wrong plate, or your lisence plate cover covers too much of the lisence plate, or your cars to loud, or you can't park there for that long go somewhere else.

Quick Reply: Underglow