Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Underglow

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 07:21 PM
HCF Member
Default Underglow

Im getting green underglowI think. But I was looking for placement and there isn't much to mount it to in the front. What did you guys mount it to? And I'm thinking of going neons becauseI don't want bright spotsI want free flowing light. So any help? Suggestions?

Old 04-09-2007, 08:09 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Underglow

i would explain.. but id say wait for addiction2bass's response. he knows everything you might want to know about underglow. and he'll also say dont go neons. but i'll let him explain

Old 04-10-2007, 02:07 PM
HCF Member

lol yea you better grab your reading glasses and a snack, cuz this is gonna take a while to read.....

Old 04-10-2007, 02:54 PM
HCF Member

if you get the LED tubes, they'll come with brackets that you can use self tapping screws to attach to the bottom of your car, just up tucked away from everything and away from the exhaust. Theres places where you acn hide them, and the farther towards the middle of your car you put htem the better.

Thats my 2 cents, wait for Addiction

Old 04-11-2007, 10:31 AM
HCF Member

So is there such thing as too far in from the front?
Because its all plastic up front for like a good foot and a half.
I think i got the sides undercontrol and the back just the front I'm puzzled on placement.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:54 AM
HCF Member

back i mounted to the bottom of the trunk, like where the spare goes using self-tapping screws and the brackets that came with the tubes.

Front i actually cut a big piece of the plastic bumper out and moutned it to the steel bumper itself using the self tapper and brackets. I cut a piece off enough so the light shined through, the bulb is still hidden, and you cant see the hole i cut unless your under the car. Want a pic?

Old 04-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Super Cereal Admin

yeah, I took the plastic completely off my car and screwed the tube directly to the frame behind the grille... I'll see if I can't find some pics of it and get them up for youlater today...

the back tube, I just screwed it (self-tapping screws) directly to the spare tire thing in the back. You could also screw it to the frame between the back wheels. I did that when I had LED's, but I ended up switching back to neons and moved the tube up to the spare tire compartment.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:29 AM
HCF Member

Yeah i dont wan to take the plastic off cuz my cold airs right there and i don't have a bypass valve.
Send pictures if you have them please.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:38 AM
HCF Member

i'll take a few tonight.

the way i cut it i dont think would really affect the filter in your CAI, i didnt realyl take much off.

I think me and Reaper mountd both of ours the same

Old 04-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Haha, I beat Ben to the pics!

Name:  neon1.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  45.2 KB
This is a pretty good shot of where I mounted it... wow, this is a really old photo (sorry for the unpainted fenders )
Name:  neon2.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  27.8 KB
Here's a shot of the front with my old R34 kit
Name:  rearled.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  24.7 KB
Okay, so this is a pic of my old LEDs (RIP), but it shows exactly where I mounted the tube (watch out if you havea stock muffler... my tube was less than an inch away from my exhaust tip.
Name:  neon4.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  12.1 KB'
And here's about the glow you can expect with neons on a stock-bodied civic.

Hope the pics help!

Quick Reply: Underglow