Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Underbody Neon Pics?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 01:08 PM
HCF Member
Default Underbody Neon Pics?

I'm about the install my 2nd underbody neon kit (blue of course), and i was wondering if anyone had some installation pics from a 99 Civic or any from that Generation of Civics.

My first kit got busted off by Wal*Mart when they tried to put some new tires on my car, but shattered 3 out the 4 neons in the process. They didnt reimburse me beacuse "i didnt warn them about the aftermarket lighting", which makes sense but still pissed me off! [:@]

So anyway, i know how to install the kit and wire it, but i was wondering if anyone had an installation pics from a Civic, becuase the 2 side neons was partially visible, and it looked kind of bad, so im lookin for a better way to hide them.

Old 05-05-2006, 02:30 PM
February 2010 ROTM
Default RE: Underbody Neon Pics?

put an l bracket in front of the tube on the side so that way you can't see the tube.....its quite simple....i had 3 underbody kits on my car at one time and you couldn't see a single tube and i won hella competitions too....

Old 05-09-2006, 06:12 PM

3 kits on one car, dude that sounds sweet, where did u put em all?

Old 05-09-2006, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

Heres my pics, my camera is kind of ****ty , if you have any questions just ask, i installed them myself and i got em off ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MILLI...QQcmdZViewItem

right underside

left side of the car, you can see the wires from the neon lights, they all run near already existing wire lines

rear underside

left underside (the blue wire is all the wires from the neon running up into the car where the control panel is, the wires come out under the cupholder area (where the shifter is)

wireless remote (i can change the color/pattern/ turn them on or off

"in-car" control box

rear underside photo

Old 05-09-2006, 10:14 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i had some on my civic but it is lowered pretty low and when i hit really tall speed bumps they woild sound like they were being crushed.... well the right side didnt work from half way to the back because they cracked and broke... so i just took them off and threw them away... they wernt bad because i got them used from a friend for like 50 bucks...

p.s. mine were white

Old 05-10-2006, 01:57 PM

my bad i thought u said u had 3 kits on there at once, meaning 12 neon tubes under your car. looks good tho, i just got some ichibahn orange under body neons that do the 7 different flash sequences.

Old 05-10-2006, 02:24 PM

i had some on my 3kgt over 3 years ago. it got old fast, broke two bulbs just driving around. got pulled over every week for em. eventually just took em off and tossed em.

Old 05-10-2006, 03:32 PM
February 2010 ROTM

indeed i did have 3 kits and yes 12 tubes........

Old 05-10-2006, 04:04 PM

not to sounds like a dick or anything but i hope that pic isnt showing them all cuz if is then wow. i thought that it would be brighter than that

Old 05-12-2006, 12:06 PM
HCF Member

[:@] Vexorg none of your pics are working! They just show up as the little box with a red X in the middle.

Quick Reply: Underbody Neon Pics?