Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

trunk latch move???

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 03:47 PM
HCF Member
Default trunk latch move???

ok so i have a 98 civic coupe dx and i was wondering if i could make the trunk tighter cause of the bass but it seems like its alittle loose anyways....i kinda glanced at it but i didnt really see anything...maybe i missed it i dont know.

Old 03-10-2006, 04:15 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: trunk latch move???

i listened more inside my car and most of my rattle is coming from under the rear deck lid i just dont know where....whats the easiest way to take that off so i can look?

Old 03-10-2006, 05:45 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: n8te81

ok so i have a 98 civic coupe dx and i was wondering if i could make the trunk tighter cause of the bass but it seems like its alittle loose anyways....i kinda glanced at it but i didnt really see anything...maybe i missed it i dont know.
Yeah, you can do it. I did it to mine...Only thing is, you don't want to move it too far down, cuz your deck lid'll be WAY lower than your rear quarter panels and it'll look like crap. But it won't take much movement to tighten your lid down. Another thing....If your plate is vibrating like mine was, you might want to try bending it a little, "hotdog/longways" side (sorry for preschooling the verbage) and that cured a lot of the vibration.

Old 03-10-2006, 06:00 PM
HCF Member

well i unscrewed and looked at both parts and i didnt really have any space to work with and move it besides the bottom part of the latch and it moved just a tad but not alot(still alot of rattle)....im just trying to find the main problem areas that the rattle is coming from cause it sounds like most of the rattle is coming from under the rear deck lid.I kinda know hot to take off but not all the way sure.i just dont wanna take it down the audio place and have them dynamat it cause that would cost my arm....

Old 03-10-2006, 06:10 PM
HCF Member

Well, you can dynomat yourself....But it's still gonna cost you an arm.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:44 PM

just put like 5 layers of duct tape on the back of your tag that eill stop that

Old 03-23-2006, 11:43 PM
HCF Member

well when i took off my rear deck lid i found out that most of the rattle was coming from the stupid a$$ brake light so i superglued alot of the sleeve that was around the light and that took away alot of it so when i put it back on tomm i think that will help alot...

Old 03-24-2006, 07:30 AM

i just took my license plate off and put it in my rear window over my brake light, no more ratttle, but umm how does that duct tape idea work???

Old 03-24-2006, 12:09 PM
HCF Member

i just put 4 pieces of weather stripping behind on the license plate...that seemed to work pretty good....

Old 03-28-2006, 11:42 AM

How did you remove the rear deck lid? I can probably figure it out, but as usual ill probably snap something and have to fix it.

Quick Reply: trunk latch move???