Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Taking out stock H/U disables keyless entry?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 08:56 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Taking out stock H/U disables keyless entry?

ORIGINAL: Forty04

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga

I think its just 96-98 civics. I or anybody I know didnt have any problems with a new h/u in the 99-00's
ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?!?! I've been putting off buying a h/u for so long because i thought my civic was affected by this nonsense. You're saying i can put in an aftermarket h/u into my '99 with no problems?!?

Umm... yea. 99-00 doesnt have problems with that. I wanted to clarify that. If somebody out there does have a 99-00 that does do that then let me know becuase I want to know where you learned to wire.

Old 09-26-2005, 08:57 AM
HCF Member

Forty, usa a sucka chump!

Old 09-26-2005, 10:06 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Forty, usa a sucka chump!
dammit, i suck at life..

well, i can finally finish off my system then i suppose.

Old 09-26-2005, 10:07 AM
HCF Member

do me a favor and listen to your ole remmy, get Eclipse. www.eclipse-web.com

Old 09-26-2005, 09:50 PM

I am in the same boat as you Forty... I've been putting it off also because I thought it would affect the keyless entry. Guess now I can go get a headunit!

Old 09-28-2005, 08:03 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

do me a favor and listen to your ole remmy, get Eclipse. www.eclipse-web.com
I already have an amp and subwoofer, just need a head unit. I'm hoping to do the head unit and keyless entry/alarm at the same time.

Old 09-29-2005, 08:25 PM
HCF Member

Im running into the same issue here.But I did find something on here that explained how to do it. Also your interior light will not work once u remove the stock radio, but also theres a jumper u can use to fix that..let me see if i can find it and i will post it.....

Old 09-29-2005, 08:29 PM
HCF Member

found it go here..

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_45960/tm.htm

Old 04-30-2007, 01:01 AM

Hey guys, I've got a related question for you. This is my first time posting on HCF, and I've read lots about installing aftermarket head units on '96 to '98 Civics, but I've still come up empty-handed. I found a supposed fix here: https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_176759/tm.htm, and I'm going to try it once the sun's up and I can see what I'm doing. Until then, here's my situation:

I've got a 96 Civic EX, and I've got a Y-connector that gives power to both the factory radio and my Pioneer h/u. The first time I installed it, I wired it all up and then programmed the keyless entry, and everything worked fine; the dome light went on/off when the doors were opened, the keyless worked, everything. But then about two weeks after, I get in my car in the morning, and the keyless doesn't work. Also, the whole night while the car doors were closed and locked, the dome light had been flashing on/off about 3 times per second. When I got in the car and put the key in the ignition, I closed the driver door, and as soon as it was closed, the doors automatically locked themselves. Then, before starting the car and with the key in the ignition, the horn starts going off like I'd set off the alarm. Turning the car on, the horn stops beeping. But every time that I get out of the car and shut the doors, they automatically lock without me doing anything.

A number of times I've either disconnected the battery and reconnected it and then successfully reprogrammed the keyless, or I've unplugged the radio fuse and plugged it back in, and then reset the keyless. But each time, the keyless keeps programming anywhere from a day to about two weeks. Since the keyless keeps programming for ANY amount of time, I figure that my wiring should be correct. Do you guys have any idea what's going on?

-Cam