Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

System Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 05:46 AM
Default System Issue

System Issue:

I have an Alpine MRD M301 amp and a pioneer 10" sub and want to run it with my current factory cd player in my 06 Civic EX w/ the premium factory installed system that has a small sub. I am not sure what to buy for the additional harness to run the RCA cables to the amp plus what to do as far as hooking up the remote since its not an aftermarket wiring harness I am confused? Whats the cheapest/most reliable solution?

Old 06-10-2007, 07:10 AM
Default RE: System Issue

use a line output converter, it will convert your speakerwires to rcas, connect the lineoutput converter to the rear speaker wires, if u ever plan on putting an aftermarket radio your better off hooking the lineoutput converter up behind the radio if you think u will keep the factory unit you can hook it up under the rear deck and then you only need 4-6 feet of rcas. as far as the remote you can hook it up to any 12v switched wire, look in your fuse box for something like radio or sunroof. if you are running the rcas from behind your radio you can just hook up to the ignition conrolled wire behind that

Old 06-10-2007, 07:19 AM

Ok so if I get the Scosche SLC4 line output converter I hook my rear factory speaker lines into that in the trunk followed by hooking up RCA cables from that to my amp in the trunk?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-79nMJ4I...721#morephotos

Old 06-10-2007, 07:19 AM
HCF Member

a line level converter is what you need just tag the outputs to your factory sub...i'd use an acc wire to turn on your amp ..under the steering column it's orange for first acc and red for second acc either one will work ..test with a multimeter first to make sure you got the right one....hope this helps

Old 06-10-2007, 07:48 AM

if you are going to use the outputs from the factory sub make sure that you turn the lineout converter all the way down and work your way up as you tune it so that you dont fry the amp because the sub outputs are going to be a higher because they already go through an amp of some sort in your civic

Old 06-11-2007, 06:09 PM

Alright I am just confused as to what wire I should splice into under the steering wheel? I not only want that to run to my remote line but also my radar detector. Which wire should I use for power for both & where is it located? Help please

Old 06-11-2007, 06:11 PM

I am confused as to what power wire I should tap into for my remote line & my main power for my radar detector & where it is located on my 06? Help please.

Old 06-11-2007, 06:51 PM
HCF Member

look for the ignition harness it should be the bigger one coming from the key cylinder. it will be taped up or loomed carefully cut it open with a razor blade...very carefully... it will be orange or red either one will work use a multimeter not a probe light to check if you have 12 volts when you turn the key on. stay very for away from any harnneses with YELLOW loom or tape!!!.this is for your airbag mess with it and they could go boooom on you.sometimes the ignition wires can be a pain in the a$$ to find ..get a good light and take off the under dash it will make things alot easier. i cant remember off the top of my head were the harness is but like i said trace it back from the key and it shouldnt be to bad...good luck

Old 06-11-2007, 06:55 PM

06 ignition wires are easy sauce to get to

Old 06-12-2007, 01:59 PM

Ok I have installed many systems and never had as much of a problem as I am with this civic. I am running an Alpine MRD-M301 mono chan. 350rms (175 1 chan) amp to a Pioneer TS-w29c 10 inch 450rms 4 ohm sub. I tried the alpine RCA cable to the rear speakers, got "curr" error on the amp same as with the inverter. I realize that curr is telling me not enough power or somethin like that but how could that be for a small amp with 8 gauge wiring to battery, 12 gauge to ground? grrrrrr

Quick Reply: System Issue