Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Superfly's sound system project

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 02:50 PM
HCF Member

I understand where you are coming from about the staging, but with that radio's imprint set up and all the timing delays you can set, i don't think staging will be an issue.

I personally prefer the sound to come mostly from the front, but still have some fill in sound coming from behind. I hear people say that its "supposed" to come from in front of you like a concert, but the reality is that I'm not at a concert so who cares? I prefer more a surround sound feel, faded slightly toward the front.

also the way I see it is that everyone has the way that they prefer to listen to their music. some like it more toward the front, and some like it to be even. IMO i don't think that one is really better than the other and i'm never going to argue that it should be one way or the other

Old 06-19-2009, 03:37 PM
HCF Member

ya i need to! I know this cool guy who shipped me some for really cheap

Old 06-19-2009, 03:41 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Sigracer10
I understand where you are coming from about the staging, but with that radio's imprint set up and all the timing delays you can set, i don't think staging will be an issue.

I personally prefer the sound to come mostly from the front, but still have some fill in sound coming from behind. I hear people say that its "supposed" to come from in front of you like a concert, but the reality is that I'm not at a concert so who cares? I prefer more a surround sound feel, faded slightly toward the front.

also the way I see it is that everyone has the way that they prefer to listen to their music. some like it more toward the front, and some like it to be even. IMO i don't think that one is really better than the other and i'm never going to argue that it should be one way or the other
Yeah, i haven't tried this way yet, so i figure i'd go without rear speakers and see how i like it

Old 06-19-2009, 05:36 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Superfly
Yeah, i haven't tried this way yet, so i figure i'd go without rear speakers and see how i like it
ya like i said it just depends on the person. I think its going to sound awesome either way

Old 06-19-2009, 06:42 PM
HCF Member

ok got everything hooked up....and was stupid enough to put the power wire in the ground and the ground wire in the power slot

The amp is fine......i praise the lord for fuses!!!

Old 06-19-2009, 06:49 PM
HCF Member

gee lol never done that haha at least your amp is good

Old 06-19-2009, 07:11 PM
HCF Member

haha i've done that before, and i'll never do it again. probably one of the scariest things ever when the sparks start to fly.

and yes fuses are the greatest thing ever.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:16 AM
HCF Member

Ah definitely! quite a while ago, i started running a power wire down the side of my (then) car and left it hooked up to the battery with the fuse in line. Crazy arc and sparks everywhere. Thankfully the fuse blew though and stopped the flow of electricity lol

I never work on the car unless the battery is unhooked now

Old 06-20-2009, 04:21 PM
HCF Member

just a question why go with the 9887 i could have 2 years in a row and went with the 85 and 86 because the 86 is way better lookin imo and another reason to get the rear speakers is because if that sub is as loud as you want you wont be able to hear the highs

Old 06-20-2009, 05:05 PM
HCF Member

WHOA lol thats a lot of speaker you have in your car kanarrjl

Quick Reply: Superfly's sound system project