Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Suggestions for a cheap, double din touch screen dvd player?..

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Default Suggestions for a cheap, double din touch screen dvd player?..

any reaosnably priced ones that people have personal experience with? i wanna get one, but i really dont wanna pay $1000 for a name brand. It's just gotta be a basic deck, and i'd perfer to get some personal experience opinions to make sure the menus aren't ugly and difficult.

Nav would be a nice touch too.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Suggestions for a cheap, double din touch screen dvd player?..

well for a GOOD double din.... plan to pay at least 500bucks for a used one or 700+ on a new one depending on what you want to get...

i think i paid like 700bucks for my alpine IVA-W200 brand new last year.... they got another newer models so just search for alpine double din....

i love this radio! had to do alittle trimming on the plastic bezel and mounting holes alittle to fit better in my 99s dash BUT great radio/dvd/6.5inch touch screen radio. i bought a screen protector first to keep the screen scratch free. a sirius satalite tuner for it, and a video bypass for it.

so IMO pay the extra money.... the quality of the screen is the main thing you want! like in any monitor! the cheaper radios ive heard have HORIBLE screen viewing angles.... which means if you are to far to the left or right or even up or down angle from the screen the screen would look black.... a good screen/monitor should be viewable with a great picture at any angle!

Old 04-14-2008, 11:44 AM
HCF Member

Check mine out, its a Dual in-dash. It only cost me $450, and came with more than enough options. DVD, I can hook up a camera to it, ps2/wii/ect, and all that good stuff. Its really nifty and fun, I like it alot. Check my gallery to see it .

Old 04-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Recognized HCF Member

yours is a single din pop out. not double din.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:01 PM

yeah, i'm really looking for a double din so it looks really clean, anybody have experience with any of the ebay brands? i saw a Nitro, and Pyle one on there, for ~350 shipped... anyone with personal experiences with any of them that can comment?

Old 04-14-2008, 02:07 PM
HCF Member

http://www.mimousa.com/home.asp?dir=...&prod=1063

check this out its from one of my suppliers

Old 04-14-2008, 02:56 PM
HCF Member

From my experience, if you try to save money on anything audio related you'll pay later
you shouldn't buy a cheap one, then expect it to last very long
not to mention with the new laws today, touch screens and dvd players have a very limited tampering ability while driving, you have to stop the car before you can really do much except maybe change a song or the volume
also for a civic, the issue now is that you have to connect it to your handbrake and pull it up 5 times before you can even get it to work
there's a trick around this by grounding to your antenna and a few other things but, they suck and also don't do well in the long run...
A touch screen is a bit much especially for a civic anyway, why do you want a touch screen?

Old 04-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Recognized HCF Member

cause its cool i love mine... and all it takes is a video bypass... just a few wires and youll be able to watch dvds all the time

Old 04-14-2008, 05:41 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

yours is a single din pop out. not double din.
I'd definitly go for the double din if you are looking for something with a screen rather than the pop out/up.
I agree with you, cleaner look.
Remember, you get what you pay for.
Personally, i'd rather install a double din once and pay $900 rather than pay $500 and have to install, uninstall, then reinstall because of problems, warranty returns, etc.
Do it right the first time.
Just my opinion though.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:45 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya main thing ive heard ALOT abotu the single din flip out screens are the motors get striped VERY EASY! so they either stick retracted or half way out or stuck fliped out....
main reason i picked the double din.... plus i could fit it
and also no remote brain to locate else where.....

Quick Reply: Suggestions for a cheap, double din touch screen dvd player?..