Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

sub box help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Default sub box help!!!

I just ordered (2) 10" RF P3's the other day and i need some box help. Im now leaning toward a ported box or would i be better with sealed? I got a 04 civic coupe. Does anyone know the max box dimensions that i can fit into my truck? I'd hate to build it and it be 2 inches to long to fit into the truck opening. thanks in advance

Old 09-25-2009, 01:05 PM
HCF Member

how about you measure it?

Old 10-01-2009, 01:48 PM

rf 10" p3s are killer subs. i have t1s myself. as for boxes, it depends on whether you want semi-accurate rumbly bass, or tighter accurate bass for music like jazz. sealed boxes always sound better and can handle more power than ported. Ported boxes aren't as responsive, a little muddy in my opinoin, louder by 6db normally, require almost triple the air space, and typically need half the power of sealed. you can go to rockfordfosgate.com and look up sub specs and well as use there box builing guide. it's ease to use... and if you still have questions, call fosgate directly. Jeremy is a good guy (i call him a lot for specs), but most the guys there need to know the dimensions that you're working with and can give you specifics on any box you want (ie port length, tuning).

Old 10-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

yeah i would go with sealed too. also just measure your trunk and see what you have to work with.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:39 PM
HCF Member

it all depends on what you want if you want a little extra trunk space and listen to rock go with the sealed box if you don't care about trunk space and want rap bass then ported but if you make a ported box correct then it won't matter what music you listen to it will sound good

Old 10-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

just pick a box and throw in some miami bass, itll blow out ur windows :P dj magic mike make the car go boom..

Old 10-07-2009, 04:40 PM

i know i listen to a lot of blues, jazz and rock. i've had my T1's ported for about a year now, and i'm switching back to sealed. they just aren't as accurate in a ported box, but, they are boomy! hip hop is killer though

Old 10-07-2009, 05:04 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by sentis77
i know i listen to a lot of blues, jazz and rock. i've had my T1's ported for about a year now, and i'm switching back to sealed. they just aren't as accurate in a ported box, but, they are boomy! hip hop is killer though
why do you have T1s if you listen to a bunch of blues, jazz etc?? They're great for rap, but not much else.....at least mine wasn't

And what do you listen to most? Do you just want loud bass? That will tell you which to go with.

Definitely check out Rockford's site, it should help out quite a bit.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:08 PM

i bought the t1's because i got a killer deal on them. honestly, the best "sounding" subs i've ever had and still have are Directed Studios. but, my fosgate 10's in a sealed box weren't the loudest, but were much more accurate. i listen to mostly rock and blues. in my 07 civic, i was going with 3 t1 10's. partially because i like odd numbered subs. but either way, ported, which most every customer likes because it's loud with little power, isn't effective for rock and such.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

most of the people bumpin their subs is people who listen to hip hop tho.

Quick Reply: sub box help!!!