Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Sound System Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 04:30 AM
HCF Member

Yup thanks everybody, found the problem. Tweaked the amp a bit, and the car absolutely shook. It was in my garage, it shook the upstairs floor. So yea, I'm kind of happy! Thanks for all your help guys. While i'm replying here, can anyone suggest any blue headlights for me? Like I want very very blue, not necessarily HIDs. But I need to know what size the bulb is, and everything else I'll need to order these headlights! Thanks guys, you've been a huge help, much appreciated

Old 01-08-2010, 05:34 PM
HCF Member

Should be an H... oh crap... H4 Halogen? for the bulb, thats not blue, thats just the type if i remember correctly.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:01 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Dontoh
well since you said the old owner new a lot about audio, it's possible it was well sound deadened. also, you might want to check all your grounds, you may not be getting all the power you can. on top of checking grounds , look into doing the big 3 upgrade, it's not expensive, but it's very effective http://www.b20vtec.com/forums/audio-...6-big-3-a.html also, 300.1 isn't too big of an amp, what type of sub are you using (size?)? sorry if it was already mentioned. also, should try 1/0 gauge wires, they're great and if you ever want to upgrade your system, you won't need to upgrade the wires. so basically:

either the car is very well sound deadened -thats a plus
somethings not hooked up right
settings on the hu aren't right
**** amp
bad wires

anyway, good luck
Nah 4 awg is plenty plenty big.

Glad you got your system working how you want it....but i hope you grow up and realize others don't want to hear you bass before your stuff gets jacked

Like someone else said, that happens around where i live too.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:33 AM
HCF Member

K that wasn't necessary. I don't need to grow up.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:11 PM
HCF Member

I'm sorry, but you sound like some high school student trying to show off. You're giving the rest of the car audio community a bad rep. Stop it.

It's much more beneficial and more impressive, for you AND others, to put sound dampening in your car. that way YOUR car is quieter even when you aren't playing any music, the bass response is much better and it's also louder (less sound waves bouncing around that distort and/or cancel other sound waves out) , plus it blocks a lot of the bass from getting out of your car.

unless you get off by pissing others off, in which case i hope your stuff gets jacked

Now showing off in a place like a parking lot is totally different. Go for it!

Old 01-10-2010, 09:18 PM
HCF Member

This is why i have a sealed enclosure, i barely transmit any sound outside of my vehicle. And i get TONNES of Bass inside XD

Old 01-11-2010, 02:53 PM
HCF Member

I want a sealed enclosure definitely. That's the next thing on my list!

Old 01-22-2010, 03:44 PM
HCF Member

you do everything for the lulz

Old 01-25-2010, 12:44 PM
HCF Member

Would a capacitor help me at all? If so, how? Also a fuse distribution block? How would that help me?

Old 01-25-2010, 01:45 PM
HCF Member

capacitor solved it for me, but not alone. upgrade your big three, really, dont be cheap. then get a capacitor. thats what i did. i have stock alternator and duralast gold battery. i run 1000w rms daily and two cadence 12s... no dimming headlights, starts like a champ.

Quick Reply: Sound System Issues