Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Some help with car audio for a Civic newbie?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 05:07 PM
HCF Member

I have an older Kenwood that had a CD Changer input, bought a cable online, and use that to plug into my Ipod. It allows me to still control the Ipod from the Ipod rather than the head unit since I heard it can be a bit awkward with larger capacities, and it still charges the Ipod.

In either case, I would either recommend buying one with a USB hookup or one with a CD Changer and seeing if you can find a cable such as http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...y+Adapter.html for it. Having it charge is amazing once you get used to it. It may be 1-2 weeks before I connect the Ipod to my computer to transfer more music over, and I never hook it up to charge because it will do it as a drive.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:49 PM

Just one more question:
I want to keep the little pocket with the cover, since all the big dash kits I see come with a cover-less pocket. If I get the Metra 99-7897 dash kit, that looks like this:

I'm assuming if I only replace the top part, which is the kit shown in the picture, I can keep the original bottom pocket/cover part?