Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

soldering help

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 04:53 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: soldering help

UGH. Don't pay any attention to anything in this thread other than this post, I do this thousands of time for a high-tech bio-med company, I'll show you the light.

1) Strip wires.
2) Tin soldering iron tip... put a small glob of solder straight onto the tip of the iron, wipe off on a wet sponge.
3) Tin wires... one wire at a time heat the end of the wire (quickly)and stick the solder between the iron and wire until the solder flows into the whole wire and coats it evenly.
4) Rewipe the iron tip on the wet sponge
5) Repeat step 3 with the other wire
6) Repeat step 4 (get the idea here?.. after each time you get solder on the tip wipe it back off)
7) Secure one wire then heat up the end, melting the solder, then stick the other wire on it and they'll melt together. Now, remover the iron and blow on the wires, they'll be perminantly attached but if you need to get them apart just apply heat.

That's the way the professionals do it so that's how I'd suggest doing it.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:47 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: amg6975

UGH. Don't pay any attention to anything in this thread other than this post, I do this thousands of time for a high-tech bio-med company, I'll show you the light.

1) Strip wires.
2) Tin soldering iron tip... put a small glob of solder straight onto the tip of the iron, wipe off on a wet sponge.
3) Tin wires... one wire at a time heat the end of the wire (quickly)and stick the solder between the iron and wire until the solder flows into the whole wire and coats it evenly.
4) Rewipe the iron tip on the wet sponge
5) Repeat step 3 with the other wire
6) Repeat step 4 (get the idea here?.. after each time you get solder on the tip wipe it back off)
7) Secure one wire then heat up the end, melting the solder, then stick the other wire on it and they'll melt together. Now, remover the iron and blow on the wires, they'll be perminantly attached but if you need to get them apart just apply heat.

That's the way the professionals do it so that's how I'd suggest doing it.
Quoted for the absolute best way to do it.A friend of mine works for Meyer Sound and that's exactly how he taught me.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well mister gu ru.... what about the insulator????????

JUST MESSEN WITH YA MAN...........