Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Sirius - Where do the wires go?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 04:44 AM
Default Sirius - Where do the wires go?

Trying to wire my Sirius radio in an 07 Civic EX Sedan. I was told to route through the inside panels by the passenger door and into the trunk. Is there a specific route? Does the door molding come off safely and easily? Any other suggestions, please?

Old 05-09-2007, 04:58 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Sirius - Where do the wires go?

When I put sattelite radio in my 01, I just pushed it underneath the edge of the center console (down at the carpet) went under the passenger seat to the passenger wall, under the mat, up the side of the seat (tucked in) and into the trunk.

Old 05-09-2007, 05:09 AM

the new gen of civics have tricky sill plates, if ur gonna run down the driver side u need to pull off the peice around the lock cylinderto lock and remove the screw. the trick to pulling them off is to pull the verticle part away from the car first because it has snaps on both the top and side. i dont recomend the center console method for a permanent solution unless its in something like a 92 prelude where the console runs the wholw length of the car. another methond is to run the antenna and put it around the top of ur windshiild, either at the top conrner or u can center it and if u use something like a plastic knife from KFC or something to press the wire behind the molding. you can either just pull the weather striping out and run the wire that way or u can poke a hole in the door boot and fish the wire into the car that way.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:28 AM
HCF Member

i like to go above the windshield tuck behind the molding then through the fire wall. find a rubber grommet to go through, i think thats the safest way no metal edges to kink your antennea wire. its a semi solid core wire so if you kink it it will most likely fail.

Old 05-11-2007, 11:23 AM
HCF Member

I installed Satellite radio in my 2000 EX and had no problems. I have a Pioneer head unit which is XM Ready, but the darn box that you need is a good 50-80 bucks. I picked up a cheap (19 bucks) XM radio unit with the car Kit. I mounted the antenna above the front windshield and slide it under the weather stripping all around the window, than under the hood (ran it in black loom) and than through a gommet in the firewall. All the wires are behind the dash and come through the radio compartment.

Pictures below