Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Securing your Civic

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 06:33 PM
HCF Member
Default Securing your Civic

not sure if a thread like this is on here or not but i would like to know since civics are one of the most common stolen vehicles, how do you guys secure your civic. i am open to adding on more security features onto my civic.

I'll start off,
clifford paging alarm with a couple sensors, backup battery, and hidden sirens inside and outside the car
the club steering wheel lock
autolock brake pedal lock.

thinking about adding on a kill switch, are there write ups on how do do this?

so lets hear what you guys do and have to protect your civic

Last edited by sfazngiants; 12-07-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:06 PM
HCF Member

Great fuel pump killswitch tutorial.

http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com...ill/index.html

Yay, I'm contributing finally, not just asking questions

Old 12-12-2008, 01:17 AM
HCF Member

I bought the autolock and put it on my clutch petal and with the car in gear nobody's taking my car.

Old 12-12-2008, 04:44 AM
Recognized HCF Member

a additional sensor for ya is a tilt sensor.... great to trigger the system if someones tries to jack it up to steal wheels and try to tow it off.

also with the kill switch get creative with it... tho that link above is a nice DIY BUT you and everone elese has seen it and now that spot... and its just a switch.

best to make up some kinda key setup so you can remove the key
heres my little write up.
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=68897

just get creative.... a simple toggle switch can be flicked by any thief!

tho i only pull my key when i park the car in a bad area.... other than that i just lock the doors and arm my alarm system...

Old 12-12-2008, 05:21 PM
HCF Member

Oh, I would never suggest doing your switch exactly where it is in that DIY. I was just providing the wiring info he asked about, though I admire your creativity addiction! That transformer bit is very clever

Old 12-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Recognized HCF Member

thanks
the motor clever you get the harder it is to bypass and you can put that kinda small hole anywhere for any electrical cut off so you could have it right on the dash cluster bezel or lower trim panel and no one would ever know to them it just looks like someone drilled a hole for a switch and removed the switch

creative security is the best prevention! even the ghetto ones like razor blades and barb wire under the dash..... tho very bad for any accidents or anyone else working on your vehicle....

but at the same time REMEMBER having every kind of security in the world can not fully protect your car! all it takes is a quick tow truck or trailer and winch to drag your car up and away to get gutted..... gps maybe good but not fool proof since gps can be blocked/jammed. ONLY WAY TO TRUELY PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT IS FULLCOVERAGE INSURANCE!!!!!

Old 12-15-2008, 03:22 PM
HCF Member

I use a Glock G39 to supplement my Astro 2205A

Old 12-15-2008, 03:31 PM

I lock my doors, roll up my windows, lock my gas lid door (keyhole on the lever), lock my steering wheel (turn it 'til it locks), lock my rear storage bins, don't leave thief eye candy in the car, and I never leave my car parked in shady places for more than a couple minutes.
You would be surprised how many people don't lock their doors. IMO, that is the single most stupid thing you can do... are you seriously too lazy to take 2 seconds to lock your doors and roll up the windows to protect your car?
Getting a Viper remote start/keyless entry unit for Christmas, and that has some lame built in security feature... eventually will upgrade to a Viper alarm, since it's almost plug 'n play if you already have the harness wired up... just have to run a couple more wires and mount a siren.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 12-15-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:41 PM
HCF Member

having a flood light infront of your house faced towards your car with a sensor will also scare off most thieves. Also dogs are great too, my dog will hear an animal in the backyard in the middle of the night so you kno she will hear someone walking in my driveway

Old 12-15-2008, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by croninc
having a flood light infront of your house faced towards your car with a sensor will also scare off most thieves.
Oh yea, I have those too.
Well, they're not floodlights... but they're just as bright.

Quick Reply: Securing your Civic