Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

satellite radio install

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 10:39 AM
Default satellite radio install

i have a 2006 civic sedan w/ navi on order and want to have satellite radio. i have a sirius radio in my car now and love it. i know that the navigation unit is xm ready, but i don't want to pay the $700+ the dealer wants to buy and install it.

my question: is there any way to install an aftermarket sirius or xm receiver directly into the "xm ready" input on the back of the navigation unit? i know that i could install my current receiver into tha aux jack, but i wanted to have the clean look of controlling everything through the navigation screen. i've seen other forums that say you can buy a sirius receiver with an adapter to plug into an "xm ready" input on GM vehicles, nothing on Honda though. is it possible?

Old 04-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Default RE: satellite radio install

i have checked all over the net and i cant find nothing... i have the sirius sportster ......cant find a mount for it no where .....ANY IDEAS???!!!!!!.........DOES PRO FIT HAVE ONE?

Old 04-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

ORIGINAL: dmichelr

i have a 2006 civic sedan w/ navi on order and want to have satellite radio. i have a sirius radio in my car now and love it. i know that the navigation unit is xm ready, but i don't want to pay the $700+ the dealer wants to buy and install it.

my question: is there any way to install an aftermarket sirius or xm receiver directly into the "xm ready" input on the back of the navigation unit? i know that i could install my current receiver into tha aux jack, but i wanted to have the clean look of controlling everything through the navigation screen. i've seen other forums that say you can buy a sirius receiver with an adapter to plug into an "xm ready" input on GM vehicles, nothing on Honda though. is it possible?
ahhh good ol' satellite radio! I get these questions at work all the time (I install stereos professionally at Circuit City Roadshop). Right now there will be no way of hooking up Sirius to your XM ready nav unit. If you give it time I'm sure they will come out with a plug for your nav unit especially with the merger but sorry to say but right now your S.O.L.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:17 PM

i dont have nav.systems i will hook it to the aux. input ...i just need to know where to mount it

Old 04-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

you can mount it anywhere you want. I just highly recommend getting the FM Direct Adapter so you dont get any static through the weak a$s fm modulator it comes with

Old 04-17-2007, 06:26 PM
HCF Member

Best bet is to get one of the adapters that plugs into the aux on the back of your receiver and splits it into 2 RCA jacks.

I have XM installed in my car, there are no wires shown at all. You only see the wires for about 2 inches where it comes out of the radio and thats it. All the wires are hidden and it's cleanly installed. Unfortunately the glue let go once, so I gluged it with super glue.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:25 PM

like 90civtegra said, i also work as an installer but at best buy......they dont have any adapters like that and getting the direct adapter will help waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy much with your signal...

Old 04-24-2007, 09:38 AM

does pro fit have amount for it? ......i used the suction cup that came with it and i put it on the little window between the door window and the windshield what you think? it seems to hold pretty good have not connected the wires yet

Old 04-26-2007, 08:34 AM
HCF Member

ProFit doesn't have a bracket.....yet. I have the same car, and work for a serius, and xm dealer.