Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Rockford Fosgate vs Sony Xplod

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 01:13 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Rockford Fosgate vs Sony Xplod

about pioneer , alpine and kenwood

just depends on what you want out of the company if you want radios there all great , pioneer with there navi units , alpine with there speakers and radios , and kenwood with there flip out MVs

pioneer over the years has gained respect from allot of installers , they don't come out and say our subs beat up other companies subs , they don't battle like that , for someone who wants some bass but not allot space taken up in there vehicles then there good subs , same with kenwood

alpine has compete in many SPL competitions and have won some and lost some but there not up there with names like PPI , or Orion , Alpines type R is a Stout sub and can handle power there type S is the next one down the line , they don't have anything like JLs W7 or W6 but still there good

every company has products for certain customers , they all have there low end products and there high products its what ever the company thinks is best for there customers

its also up to the customer to decide what he/she wants out of the product if you want to join in competitions and get some trophy's go with PPI , Orion , Kicker , etc or W7s

if you want something small not something that someone next to you can hear you get a Pioneer or Kenwood sub

also keep in mind that subs require air space , if someone wants a JL W7 in a non extend cab Chevy truck , its not going to work right at all , 2 reasons the subs to deep so the seat has to be pulled all the way forward to where your on the steering wheel is hitting you and there is not enough airspace .

same things with cars you need air space and the right air space

Old 12-12-2006, 01:56 PM
HCF Member

JVC FTW!! My Step Brother has had 1 12" JVC sub fo 6 years now, he has blown 4-5 other subwoofers anf 3 amps since he got is and it was USED before he got it... JVC all the way.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:36 PM

in my opinion rockford makes the better sub in this comparison. i have owned two 12" sony xplods and two 10" rf p2s and the rockfords not only had better sound quality but they were just as loud if not louder than the sony's.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:41 PM

JVx is an uh oh also no offence. JL is good Kicker i hear is alright, umm CLARION is good, and MTX is good

Old 12-12-2006, 03:04 PM
HCF Member

^ i should point out that one of the subs that were brand new when he got it was an MTX and he blew that... the JVC still goes stong.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:32 PM

how does he have his hooked up like a sub shouldnt blow right out of the box. if so they would cover it on warrenty, it sounds liek he has major bass issues and does not know how to properly tune a system,

Old 12-12-2006, 06:41 PM
HCF Member

RF > Sony

A great buy for the money though would be Cerwin Vega VMAX 12's or 15's. I love JL though and to tell the truth you may honestly be happy with a well powered 10W7 in a ported box tuned super low like in the 23 to 28hz range. By well powered I mean 900 to 1200 watts rms from a PG Tantrum 1200.1, JBL BP1200.1, or a older MTX 1500d.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:54 PM

ORIGINAL: cpl rampage

i personally dont have either, but my friend is a proffesional installer, he likes older RF stuff, he says the newer stuff has quality problems, as far as sony goes, i dont know
That would be because a few years back, the head engineer from RF (when they were good) went to MTX.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:39 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: kman92civicsi

how does he have his hooked up like a sub shouldnt blow right out of the box. if so they would cover it on warrenty, it sounds liek he has major bass issues and does not know how to properly tune a system,
SOrry i didn't mean that it blew right away. he had it for a while and it filally gave in, i just mentioned that he got it new cause the JVC he got was used. I don't know how exactly he has it hooked up.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:54 AM
HCF Member

not sonys...rockfrod fosagate are good i has 2 12"s and they pouned www.crutchfield.com best deal...i kno they seem chepa but they opound....and ive heard alot of subs....W7's kickers rockfords sony alpine and many more

Quick Reply: Rockford Fosgate vs Sony Xplod