Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Rockford Fosgate vs Sony Xplod

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 06:58 PM
HCF Member
Default Rockford Fosgate vs Sony Xplod

which one should i get? i'm considering the 15" of the xplods. does rf have 15s?

Old 12-11-2006, 07:14 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Rockford Fosgate vs Sony Xplod

i personally dont have either, but my friend is a proffesional installer, he likes older RF stuff, he says the newer stuff has quality problems, as far as sony goes, i dont know

Old 12-11-2006, 08:03 PM
HCF Member

wow im surprised sony hasnt been destroyed verbally by every1 on this site yet.....thats unusual lol ive heard both of them at circuit city in their subwoofer room thingy, neither of them really bump that hard, from my xperience (very minimal but my bro has them 2 12's and a 800 watt pionerr amp) id say go with some pioneers, they bump pretty hard , better than both sony and the RF's and they r in the same price range actually i think they may be cheaper.....

Old 12-11-2006, 08:18 PM
HCF Member

ive heard sony xplods, not very impressed with their products, i wouldnt go anything sony wen it comes 2 car audio, my friend has 2 10' inch rockfords and theybump pretty well, so i would go with the rockfords

Old 12-11-2006, 08:48 PM

I just went from the Xplodes to the RF's. I can say, for the money, the Xplodes were not that bad. But pound for pound, the RF are way better.

Old 12-11-2006, 08:57 PM
HCF Member

go to best buy and listen to their subs out in the open.

usually the sonys and rfs aren't the best sounding, but that's my opinion.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:36 PM

neither. IF U BUY SONY u will REGRET ITTTT! i install for a living, and sony is an uhh oh. they are a waste of money, and the guys who didnt think rockford pounded and the ones who did. the amps at circuit prolly wernt that good. pionner has ok speakers. umm personally if u are goign to get 15's save up some more money and get good ones. i personally recomend JBL no one has mentioned those on ehre but i love them

Old 12-12-2006, 12:17 AM
HCF Member

haha, i should've expected sony to be bashed. i was interested in them mainly of how they looked. blk/design/ect...

Old 12-12-2006, 12:18 AM
HCF Member

opinions on pioneer/alpine/kenwood?

Old 12-12-2006, 12:54 AM
HCF Member

o yea Sony's going to get bashed i mean there the jack of all trades and the master of none , don't get me wrong Sony makes a hell of a walk man and a digital camera i have both and they work awesome

.............but there car audio products .....just are not what they say they are. ill give a reason why Sony lost my respect when they said they had a amplifier that was 1 ohm stable ahhh negative the amp wasn't evan 4 ohm stable , the amp had 5 warning lights on it and it had a horrible design for the wires the only way a installer would get to the terminals was to twist there arm to get a screw driver in it ,

for there subs , not any better , THE LOW DOWN small moms and pops shops asked Sony WHY there products....well suck ...Sony opened up a factory dedicated to car audio and noting but car audio to compete, they did OK for awhile then they fell right into mass production and flop-ed again

so out of my experience Rockford Fosgate is not like it use to be back in the days but if your choices are Sony of RF go with the RF

but if you want straight quality for subs JL Audio , Kicker , Orion , PPI ,and MTX , these subs with good power will hit hard and not blow amps out

everyone has there preference , there's something called FMC its waves that sound good to one person but not to someone else so i cant complain about Sony sound ....just there quality -

Quick Reply: Rockford Fosgate vs Sony Xplod