Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

ps2 slim fit, but where?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 01:01 PM
Default RE: ps2 slim fit, but where?

great instructions kid.. this is wha forums are supposed to be about

i think ima pitch this idea to my local installation people, so it can look right cosmetically

Old 12-02-2006, 08:08 PM

who hangs out in their car and plays ps2? i'd put in the living room and lay on the couch

Old 12-02-2006, 08:34 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well when i had my ps2 in my towncar i used it primarily for playing dvds
and i played games when i was waiting for friend to get off work when we carpooled
or if i was bored on my break at work id go out and play video games

Old 12-02-2006, 08:50 PM

but a computer that actually has good usages

rearcam
nav
mp3 library
..............endless oppurtunities

Old 12-02-2006, 09:31 PM
HCF Member

And to put together a car computer that could game like a ps2, you're looking at spending a hell of a lot more.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:34 AM
Recognized HCF Member

hell ya ALOT MORE TIME and MONEY to build that!

Old 12-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Recognized HCF Member

just say one thing from a pimp my ride clip.... where with a xbox 360 they removed the cd drive and extended those wires about 5ft and put the cd tray inside the center console.... i realy like that idea!

but for the car id sugest a xbox 360 its so easy!
you can turn the console ON and OFF thru the remote control, open and close the cd tray thru the remote. and with relocating the cd tray that should be realy easy to customize!!!!!
ill just hide my console in the trunk and put the cd tray to slide outta the center console or maybe out the side infront..... tho this is just an idea for me cause i still need my nice monitor.LOL

Old 12-03-2006, 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

well the 360s do get preaty warm BUT you can get some coolers now......... when my original first batch 360 finaly died i replaced it with one and bought a cooling kit "INTERCOOLER" i believe was the name.... it plugs inline in the rear between the main power supply...
this way its only ON when the system is powered ON...
i think the 360 would be the easiest to put in a car! plug that cooling system into the back and slap it under the seat OR my idea was to cut up my center console and put it thier... tho would have to extend it up and back most likely. LOL

BUT first things first i just gotta get a screan first.LOL
another thing you could do to help cool them is to drill a hole in your a/c ducting and glue a rubber tube to that hole, then run that tube to the area that your game console is. a buddy of mine did that in his 97 silverado. worked very well.

Old 12-03-2006, 06:26 PM
HCF Member

If it were me I would make a slide out tray and put it under my seat. Get regular controllers, makes life easier. This way u slide it out and put your game in, then slide it back in and you cant see it.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:36 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Pete

If it were me I would make a slide out tray and put it under my seat. Get regular controllers, makes life easier. This way u slide it out and put your game in, then slide it back in and you cant see it.

yea that'd be sweet, and theres a way if you get just a basic in car monitor like this: to mount the screen on the dash, rihgt in the middle and angle it towards the passenger. That way the airbag can still be deployed and theres nothing blocking it, and the driver cant see the screen, Then just run the wires striaght down (drill a hole in the top of your dash) so it looks better and you dont got wires runnin all over. Other than that, maybe sun visor monitors. I think those are really coninvent.

But +1 for the idea of puttin the PS2 under the seat with the slide out tray being the only part you can see. I like that idea [8D]

Quick Reply: ps2 slim fit, but where?