Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Please, shoot me for ever getting projectors!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 07:37 AM
Default RE: Please, shoot me for ever getting projectors!!!

i love my projectors sooo much better than stock

Old 05-27-2008, 09:52 AM
HCF Member

Argh, I ordered some TYC Elegantes over the weekend because I had it with my fogged out/oxidized inside & out passenger side stocker. I washed and waxed the car on Saturday, and BOTH lights had water in them, so I figured I would just change them out.

Please tell me that I didn't make a $230 mistake by getting the TYC Elegante headlights [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 05-27-2008, 05:44 PM
HCF Member

Just buy a plug in hid kit, the light output will be a lot better. ( but make sure you aim the headlights down to not blind people so much). But yeah i warned everyone before about getting projectors because they are bright up close, but the light doesnt reach too far ahead of the car

Old 05-27-2008, 06:01 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: gunz4me

Argh, I ordered some TYC Elegantes over the weekend because I had it with my fogged out/oxidized inside & out passenger side stocker. I washed and waxed the car on Saturday, and BOTH lights had water in them, so I figured I would just change them out.

Please tell me that I didn't make a $230 mistake by getting the TYC Elegante headlights [sm=headbang.gif]
Stick them in the oven for 2 min at 350 degrees, then take them out and squeeze together. Then apply some Butyl subber sealant around the edges. You won't have moisture after that.

Get some 2000 grit sandpaper and PlastiX from meguiars ($5 at walmart), sand it a bit and buff with the plastiX and rubbing compund, works wonders

Old 05-27-2008, 07:33 PM

ORIGINAL: 00IntegraLS

i had altezzas and was this close to buying some ebay projectors.... then all of the sudden i woke up and decided to put my stock tail lights back on
dude, that's awesome, welcome to the good side. i wish more people were like you.

And yes, I also found that projectors suck. I went through 2 pairs before switching to OEM in the 93 I had. First I had eBay ones, then anzoUSA ones from procivic.com. The ebay ones shined horribly, the anzo ones shined better. Neither lined up correctly or were even comparable to brand new OEMs with silverstar bulbs in terms of visibilty.

OEM/OEM style/HID retrofit FTW!

I have some OEM style black housing headlights in the Del Sol, you can see them in my avatar or pics, and I love them. They came lined up nearly perfect and I decided to not even try to adjust them in that tight space behind the power steering reservoir. They shine great too, with silverstar bulbs.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:40 PM

The TYCs will most likely have moisture problems too. Buy some silicone sealant and seal around the edges where the clear plastic or glass meets the housing. Walah, problem prevented.

ORIGINAL: sde780

Stick them in the oven for 2 min at 350 degrees, then take them out and squeeze together. Then apply some Butyl subber sealant around the edges. You won't have moisture after that.

Get some 2000 grit sandpaper and PlastiX from meguiars ($5 at walmart), sand it a bit and buff with the plastiX and rubbing compund, works wonders
they sell a kit at the auto parts stores to get the fogging/yellowing off.