Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Is Pioneer good for subs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Default Is Pioneer good for subs?

like the title says....i'm curious cuz i know they are good for speakers and decks but what about subs? i've heard rumors going both ways. either i go for pioneer, kicker or fosgate for the trunk set up. GIVE ME IDEAS OF WHAT TO USE. i have a good idea in my head of the lay out. i need 1-2 10" subs 2-3 amps, custom box and plexi-glass and alot of dynomat lol.

oh and i have a 94 civic coupe. the rear speakers are 5.25".. has anyone custom installed 6x9 before?

your opinions are much appreciated

Old 01-26-2006, 10:22 PM
Default RE: Is Pioneer good for subs?

in the short answer....NO! the first sub i ever bought was a pioneer and you could barely hear the thing. i would go with kicker, but if you do be sure to buy some earplugs

Old 01-26-2006, 10:26 PM
HCF Member

Everyone here has their fav sub. Mine happens to be the Infinity Kappa Perfect VQ. Pioneer subs suck. I cant believe how a company that makes such good In dash DVD players but suck so bad @ making speakers. Its true thou, id NEVER buy one.

Old 01-27-2006, 12:13 AM

what about those square subs? i heard they blow out really fast. but yea like i said i'll most likely go with kickers or fosgates unless someone persuases me to go with something else. should i worry about matching the amp with the subs? i want enough power to feel it kick and basically have a mobile massage when i have the stereo on.

Old 01-27-2006, 12:14 AM
HCF Member

They suck

Old 01-27-2006, 12:39 AM

thanks for that lol. -1 for those. -1 for pioneer subs. and now what about amps? what would the perfect setup be? i'm gonna be comin into alot of money soon from taxes. so a few of my dreams will come true

Old 01-27-2006, 12:48 AM
HCF Member

I would say go with 2 alpine carbon fiber type x's 1. Because the sound better and hit harder then type r's. 2. because they are carbon fiber and look perfect in a tuner. just be sure you get anuff watts to push them. This kid that hangs with my brother has 2 12's and a 3000 watt rockford amp and they hit so hard its unreal.

Old 01-27-2006, 08:46 AM
HCF Member

Yea, Pioneer subs blow. Look into any Harmon International product for starter/ban for the buck subs. Like JBL and Infinity. Infinity started making amps again and from what I hear they are super.

Old 01-27-2006, 12:28 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga
Look into any Harmon International product for starter/bang for the buck subs. Like JBL and Infinity.
Aaaaaaamen brotha.

Old 01-30-2006, 11:23 PM

I would say pass on the pioneer, but don't dismiss kicker too early. Alpine makes some good subs as well as Infinity. Keep in mind you get what you pay for most of the time, unless you go with some off brand like Volfenhag, which, from what I hear, make some very nice subs for a cheap price.

Quick Reply: Is Pioneer good for subs?