Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

New SUB

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Default RE: New SUB

addiction to bass is right. I have a huge stereo system background. Caps only store energy for huge hits. Like when you use peak power of the amp(which is damn near never) it reacts then. Batteries and higher amp alternators are BY FAR the better route. If you say otherwise you DEF have never used one in a real system.

Want more bass? ditch the audiobahn. Kickers are a good sub. Alot of bass little wattage(effeciency). I used audiobahns for awhile. Flaming Qs, immortals, etc etc. They are like hifonics subs. they slap huge numbers on them and hope for the best. IMO JL is overpriced. Get MA or Massive is good. Addiction2bass seems to know his crap. what do you use? Right now I am running 2 HK120XC. 600 rms and they still sound better than my old flaming Qs rated at 1200w rms. People look at the numbers in wattage. Big mistake. Sadly systems will always be trail and error.

Alot of people take too much time to look at the big picture. Sometimes they buy a nice sub and a custom box but a pyramid amp. Or underpower a sub. Companies for amps subs and box manufactures will help you get the best matches for your stuff. Take everything into consideration. A sick sub will sound like **** in a partical board box. 3/4" mdf and seal it up. THEN worry about ports. If your box is leaking like a an old hose then it ruins the system.

Lastly, bro who the heck cares what it sounds like outside? Its guys like you who give guys with civics and mitsu's a bad name. Most guys use dynamat or sound deadening to help PREVENT outside noise. I HATE it when a kid rolls by in a civic with his hubcaps off and an exhuast leak and all I hear is a faint bump of 50cent "in da club" followed by massive rattle of his plate falling off....just my $.02

Old 08-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i care ALOT about outside noise..... rattles SUCK!!!!!!

now im not saying im a pro.... but i have been puting my own systems together for about 10years now... started out doing all stupid crap... and within the last 5years ive been reading ALOT and built alot since then... alot of it is puting it together...

and one thing ive DEFINATLY LEARNED over the years... its the little things that can bit you in the @ss and make a EXPENSIVE system not preform. main thing is the ohm load match up...... and second important is the box! everythings gotta be matched up right.

tho ive used audiobahn before... thats what i started out on... not to bad but i had quite a bit of problems with tensils fraying. but nothing a touch of solder couldnt fix. decent stuff im not gonna dog it.....
the one brand that i will NEVER USE again is power acoustic! i had about 5of thier amps all different models and i fried EVERYONE OF THEM! some fried and 1 of them just stoped working! no reason! ive had all kinds of amplifiers and thats the ONLY amps ive ever fried besides my old orion 2500D due to voltage diping under 10volts before i upgraded the trucks alt to a high 250amp output alternator then i had no problems!

tho one thing i will PERSONALY NEVER DO is NEVER tell someone to use a brand or model equipment that i havent used personaly! i know ALOT OF PEOPLE SAY RUN "JL" and have NEVER USED THIER equipment.....
i have people ask me all the time what about this one sub.... well if i havent used it i wont comment on it! and tho i havent had JL personaly i have had friends that had them that i helped instal and listen to but for the price.... thiers just beter bass for the buck out thier...

Old 08-24-2007, 01:53 AM

Better get a Turbo to offset all the weight. Silly. Why not get a real long extension cord. Alot lighter then all those batteries.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well im not rocken a turbo and my automatic is just as fast with my full stereo.... its only 100pounds more weight and if your into a race car then you shouldnt have a system anyways.LOL
but at least your not saying a CAP will solve all problems anymore

Old 08-25-2007, 05:16 PM
HCF Member

dude.. i wish i knew what you know (Addiction) and HOLY *** that tahoe is intense

Old 08-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Recognized HCF Member

thats not my setup! id love to run something that huge BUT i DEFINATLY dont have that kinda money!!!!!!!!

but systems are just like anything else... motors/turbos/ body work. ANYTHING...
its all about buying and trying... looking at others and reading/asking for advice... ya just have to be willing to learn and do some research yourself...
i still get PMs and email from people asking me to build them a system and how to instal it BUT i can help.. im not gonna do it all.LOL so most the time i ignore those messages.LOL

plus personal preferences is 90%.......

Old 08-25-2007, 05:31 PM
HCF Member

haha i know its not your seetup haha i just need to start readin up on this stuff im not all that great at knowin all the ohms and all the decible talk and stuff yet.. just started with stereos last year haha do you know that guy with the taho personally tho?

Old 08-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Recognized HCF Member

nope not personaly but ive followed quite a few of his BUILD threads on several forums!
started with my old trucks when i started being a fan with him remolding his dash.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:31 PM

I just can't see adding all kinds of weight to a little car. Maybe a better amp for the 4 speakers and 1 quality sub with a good amp. Many of my friends want more speed from their cars, but add 200# to the weight of the cars with so much crap. Then add a muffler thinking it will help. NOT.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Recognized HCF Member

200pounds...... my main system only weighs
Name:  BUILDday4002.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  50.2 KB
Name:  BUILDday4001.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  36.0 KB
that doesnt include my rear trim panels or amplifier BUT my system isnt typical system.LOL
most people just slap in a box sub/amp... id say i have 150pounds added TOPS...

but like ive said before if ya want a SPL vehicle...... well your not into racing! LOL
but for most so called WANNA BE RACE CARDRIVERS..... i say MOST can loose 40pounds by thier diet only

Quick Reply: New SUB