Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

New SUB

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Default New SUB

hey whats up everyone....the only thing i really care about in my civic is sound..i got a 15" audiobahn sub it sound loud in the car but doesnt really bump when you listen to it from outside the car.........i want real loud bass that you can feel in the ground from far away....but i cant find any sub that runs a higher RMS wattage than this one..im not really happy with it so far....i have a custom made box and an amp with more than enough power does anyone have any suggestions on another single 15" sub that will really knock hard?
thanks for your help!!

Old 08-15-2007, 10:38 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New SUB

what amp do you have and just so you know that box more than likely will not work for the new sub

Old 08-15-2007, 11:16 PM
HCF Member

Marty is right. There really is no such thing as a generic box that fits all, so the box you have now will only really work on that sub. if you want a good powerful woofer, you need to look at much more than just RMS power, you need to see you efficient it is (measured in decibels), magnet structure and size, and the type of box used. If you want to hear it outside of the car, you need a lot of power in a ported box more than likely. You want a larger magnet, higher efficiency along with RMS power. Basically RMS power does not equal volume... BTW, how much power are you giving your woofer RMS?

Old 08-16-2007, 09:29 AM

Wow.

Ported, 30-32hz will get **** shaking. Efficieny don't mean ****, and well RMS doesn't mean too much either. Tell me you rprice range for sub and amp and we will take it from there.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:01 PM
HCF Member

So if efficiecny doesnt mean ****? For every 3dB of difference in efficiency, the amount of wattage that you need to play at the same volume doubles or is cut in half. For example, all other things are equal, a subwoofer with an 89dB efficiency rating needs 200 watts of power to play at the same volume that a subwoofer with an efficiency rating of 92dB with only 100 watts going to it... so if you want to hear more bass... have a more efficient sub... simply put

Old 08-16-2007, 01:18 PM
HCF Member

kicker l7 with a ported box to specs with at least 500rms u will shake the heck outa alot of thing

Old 08-17-2007, 08:35 AM

i got a hifonics mono block class d brutus amp running 1600 rms...but for hifonics i'd say its more realistically 1200-1300 wats rms...im also running 4 gauge instead of zero gauge and i know that has to make a bit of difference...

Old 08-17-2007, 10:12 AM
HCF Member

Go with the bigger gauge for the power if you can. Also you should look into getting a cap for your system; it’s like an insurance policy for your amp. It can also make it sound a little better if you play it loud all the time. If you want to really pound with that amp, you should think about getting two Kicker Solo-baric L7 12s. You can go ported or sealed with these woofers and they will pound pretty damn hard. you could also go with 2 Rockford Fosgate T210D series in a ported box. Just be sure to have a box made out of 3/4 inch MDF with caulked seals. Either of these setups will really hit hard and loud , but they will cost a few dollars, so what is your price range?
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...&p_status=
http://www.kicker.com/06/kicker_home.html

Old 08-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: the727kid

Wow.

Ported, 30-32hz will get **** shaking. Efficieny don't mean ****, and well RMS doesn't mean too much either. Tell me you rprice range for sub and amp and we will take it from there.
WTF!!!!!!!!!! RMS DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING......................
what the F*** you smoking??????????? RMS POWER MEANS EVERYTHING!!!!!!
those 3 letters mean ALOT!!!!! any amplifier manufacture can slap on a 5,000 WATTS on thier box and it realy only puts out 1Kwatts... hell my old GOOD ORION 2500D was a 2500watt RMS amplifier but they still said 5K watts on thier amplifiers! just cause most people dont know WHAT "RMS" means!!!!
the next realy important thing for a system is the box.... air space..... and if ported the port area as well....

ported will always sound louder inside the car BUT not as tight of bass... but for the louder bass its a small sacrifice to pay!

Old 08-17-2007, 01:12 PM

thanks guys.....i dunno bout the kickers L7' 12" i had 2 of them in my toyota and blew em both.....theyre good but i feel like poeple hype em up too much.....my boy just put a L7 15" in his accord it does sound pretty good im thinking about maybe just getting on of those and a new box....i can keep my same amp and cap cuz the L7 15" runs about 1000 watts rms so my mono shold be just fine.....thanks for the clarification addiction2bass i always look at the rms power...a sub or amp might say 1000watts max...but that dont mean ****....anyway thanks for all your help..HCF is always helpin me out in some way...lol

Quick Reply: New SUB