Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

new to civics...need some audio help

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 10:28 AM
HCF Member

for speakers, CDT, Morel, rainbow, focal, ID CTX65cs's, alpine type x pros/reference series.

I'm not too sure about good coaxial speakers. I mean even a mediocre set of comps should sound better than a pretty decent set of coaxials....but comps are more expensive.

Does your car have stock tweeters? If so, then most likely it should be fairly simple and straight forward to install them (my civic didn't so i had to drill holes in the door panels) Also if you leave the rear speakers stock, leave them hooked up to the HU

it completely depends on what sub you get and what speakers. If you get a sub that's more than 500 rms or so, I'd go with separate amps (2chan + mono)

Old 07-04-2009, 10:44 AM

well im finally ready to place my order... gettin infinity reference comps and a rockford/fosgate P2 punch 10" sub. i'm runnin 2 amps (mono + 2 channel) even though the comps are only 100rms each and the sub is only 400rms. I'll use a distribution block to power the amps. I was hoping to go economy with this install, but after HOURS on crutchfield and other sites, i decided to just bite the bullet and get some decent stuff. Total cost is about $700 not including the Alpine CDA-9833 HU i already have. Thanks again for your info.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:39 PM
HCF Member

I highly suggest you don't get those comps......And 700?!??!!! I can build you a much much nicer system for that!

Last edited by Superfly; 07-04-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:42 PM
HCF Member

I second the not getting Infinity Reference components. I've heard them and they are horribly WEAK in the area of midbass reproduction. Even if you ran your subwoofer to 80 Hz and set your Infinity Reference components to pick up 80 Hz and higher, you are going to find that they are lacking in the 80 to 200 Hz frequency reproduction range.

You don't even want to get me started on Infinity tweeters. Let's just say Infinity Kappas were the worst possible POS speakers that I could have ever purchased for my Mustang.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:32 PM

well point me in the right direction then... give me a few options. See what you can do for a system (comps, amp(s), and sub) for $500. What about my choice for a sub? I suppose thats a terrible choice as well? Sorry if I seem a little aggitated, but I'm basing my picks on specs and customer reviews. Since I've never tried the speakers, I can only go off what other consumers say, and it doesnt appear the infinities have disappointed anyone.

by the way, i think this might be the lowest traffic forum i've ever been on... go get your buddies guys, i need some help here.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Superfly
for speakers, CDT, Morel, rainbow, focal, ID CTX65cs's, alpine type x pros/reference series.

I'm not too sure about good coaxial speakers. I mean even a mediocre set of comps should sound better than a pretty decent set of coaxials....but comps are more expensive.

Does your car have stock tweeters? If so, then most likely it should be fairly simple and straight forward to install them (my civic didn't so i had to drill holes in the door panels) Also if you leave the rear speakers stock, leave them hooked up to the HU

it completely depends on what sub you get and what speakers. If you get a sub that's more than 500 rms or so, I'd go with separate amps (2chan + mono)

out of that list you mentioned, i've only ever heard of alpine. how can i trust the other guys when i've never ever heard even their name, let alone their quality?

And yes, I do have stock tweeters.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:25 AM
HCF Member

I promise you the brands i'm listing will be better than anything you listed

Speakers:

Either the Focal Access series or the Image Dynamics CTX65cs series will be great (but you'll have to make/buy spacer rings. I'll even do it for you just send me specs )

amp: look into Cadence or ARC audio, all their stuff is stellar

sub: Look at the Type R, Incriminator Audio 187 line, SSA DCON, the DD 1508,

Now get an amp that has the same or a bit higher than the rated RMS of the sub.

Look at Kicker, Cadence, alpine, maybe even a Sundown

And go to KnuKoceptz.com for wiring

sorry if this seems rushed, i'm about to leave on a trip lol.

Good luck!!! I'll check in when i can

Old 07-05-2009, 03:57 PM

Ok, I've been lookin around at some other forums too lookin for some ideas. Here's what I came up with,

Comps: Polk Audio DB6501
Amp for them: Cadence TXA150.2
Sub: Alpine Type-R 10"
Amp for it: Alpine MRP-M500

Roughly $500 + wiring. Lemme know what ya think. Have a great trip!

Old 07-12-2009, 08:22 PM
HCF Member

Good choices

Ah man, just got back from my trip.....it was AMAZING!!!!!

Old 07-13-2009, 10:35 AM

nice man where did you go?

Quick Reply: new to civics...need some audio help