Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Need help with an audio system...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 08:17 AM
Default Need help with an audio system...

I bought the 07 Ex a few weeks ago and Im looking to purchase a new system. The problem is I am a rookie when it comes to this stuff. What do you guys suggest(Brand names, etc...) I have a budget of around 600-800 bucks.

Old 10-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Default RE: Need help with an audio system...

subs - rockford fosgate punch stage 1 subs are about 110 bucks for a pair and they are really loud and really great sounding, then u can get an enclsoure for about 80 bucks with hsipping off ebay. JL audio if u really wanna spend alot of money

speakers- stick to pioneer, eclipse, polk, boston acoustic, , or alpine

www.crutchfield.com

i have 6 subs im selling that u can choose from if u want also i have 2 sets of speakers and 2 decks let me u if ur interested

Old 10-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Recognized HCF Member

all subs are realy subject to the buyer.........
everyone has thier own opinion.... and depends with HOW LOUD you realy wanna go! and how much sound quality or just straight SPL LOUD..............

either way if your a newbie id advice to have it instaled and setup by a pro.....
when setting up the amp it needs to be setup by ear for the best sound and longest lasting... distortion can kill a sub in a matter of seconds......... and then the sub is junk! i know ive done it.LOL
tho more expensive equipment will take the beating longer before failing...

hell i blew acheap low model kicker 15inch sub in only 30seconds of play! ya i was pissed! but i was a newbie and i didnt pay much for it so i just so it was nice to just beat the crap outta it to make me feel beter.LOL

just go to your local audio shop and listen to what they got and check out thier prices.... and look around before buying! some shops will see that your a solid newbie and try to overcharge ya.... so definatly check prices and isntal fees.........

Old 10-07-2006, 08:57 PM

Thanks for the info guys....Ill be doing some shopping tommorow